How do we copy WII screen on TV to Hard Drive Camcorder to PC without lines?

Username: Dreamyone

Post Number: 1
Hi,

My son has a JVC Hard Disk Drive Everio GZ-MG330 camcorder. He wants to copy/record from his Wii which is playing through a Sharp Digital TV. When he tries to do by aiming the camcorder at the television, half the recording (either top or bottom) comes out shaded. The Sharp TV is connected to a Time Warner Scientific Atlanta digital cable box, which is connected with a Panasonic DVD/VCR player/recorder. We're really stumped - we bought this camcorder because the guys at Best Buy told us it would easily work to record the Wii screens. (He wants to post it online to show his friends). Can someone please suggest what we can do to make this work without seeing the shadows that we're getting. Thank you so much

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15328
kathy, the prblem here is that you are trying to take a screen by actually using the camera to capture the screen. That is not a good way of getting the image.

What you need to do is feed the video output of the Wii into the video input of the camcorder. Then record from there.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15329
You could also do a capture by connecting the video output of the TV into your camera. It is much like recording a television program with the Wii acting as the broadcast source.

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 65
I don't know about your camcorder, but my camcorder doesn't have an video inputs. Video outputs - yes; video inputs no.

There are some camcorders that offers analog-to-digital pass-through. Connect TV or any analog video source to the analog input. Connect Firewire output to your PC. These camcorders essentially function as an analog to digital converter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us