USB help! computer wont recognize camcorder

Username: Solitairemaster

Post Number: 5
i have a sony camcorder and she used to work all the time when i turned her on,and plugged her in, i dont know why the computer wont take her, help please!
brooks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9158
Have you done anything different to the PC?

Username: Soumi_cadbury_bytes

Post Number: 1
hi,
i lost my sony dcr-trv16e handycam sodtware bundle cd.anybody send my mail id plz?
my mail id
soumi_cadbury_bytes@yahoo.com
thankyou.

Username: Parantapudu

Post Number: 6
Hi All,
I have a sony camcorder DCR-DVD201. It records the media to a DVD-R/RW disc.
The product was shipped along with its USB driver and Imagemixer Version1.5 for Sony DVD software.

Unfortunately i lost the s/w CD and adding to it my harddisk also crashed.
Can someone please let me know where i can get this software from?

Any pointer's on this would be helpful.
Thanks
Anand Vardhan

Username: Tam9254

Abbeville, Louisiana Usa

I have a JVC GR-D275U. What do i need to do to get the videos i recorded to come up on my pc. My Pc will not recognize when i plug i my usb drive in. Help!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14137
Use firewire NOT USB.

Username: Jimmyz1

I need help too! I have a Samsung sc-d372 camcorder and want to upload video to my pc. I don't have a firewire card but purchased a DV to USB to pc transfer cable. My computer recognizes that there is a dv camcorder connected but I can't get it to upload any video. We have the new Cyberlink Powerdirector program which works fine with our video from our digital cameras but not from our camcorder? What can I do???

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14168
You will not be able to transfer footage exactly because of the USB. You need firewire.

Just because you can do it with your digital camera does not mean you can do the same with the video camera.

Username: Jimmyz1

Post Number: 2
Even though this is not just a "regular" usb cable? I bought it specifically because Dell said that was another option rather than putting in a firewire card. It is actually a usb to firewire adapter. Will it still not work?

Username: Wfems05

I have old 8mm tapes that were made on a Sony video camera in the late 80's and 90's. I know have a Sony Digital handicam that uses 8mm tapes. But I can't seem to play back to old tapes that I pulled out of storage. How can I get these old tapes onto either a VHS or a DVD. As long as I can find a way to play them I can convert them either VHS to DVD or vise versa. Can anyone help, please.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14170
I don't believe it will work Jill.

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 13
William,

You really should start your own thread so that your problem doesn't get mixed in with all the others.

When you say "can't play back", how exactly do you know?

Sony claims that Digital8 will play back Hi8.

Unless you can get the old tapes to play back in your new Sony camcorder, your options are to pay someone else to do this for you or look on eBay for a older camcorder that plays the older type of tapes - people still sell them.

Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 5
If your camera cannot play back the tapes then you should find another camera or 8mm player to do the job. 8mm players are hard to find thoough. In order to convert 8mm footage to DVD you will need a Video Capture Device such as ADS Technologies Video Express

http://http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=srch1&Ntt=video+capt ure+device&N=0&Dx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&D=video+capture+device&Ntk=All&product_cod e=344906

You can choose to use the software that comes with the device to edit the footage, or purchase Adobe Premiere Elements.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us