JVC GR-D290 firewire problem

Unregistered guest
I have bought this camcorder this week.

I am using the DV connection and connected it to my PC running Windows XP with service pack 2.

I use a DigiConnect firewire card with a DigiConnect firewire cable.

The strange thing is, that I succeeded two timess to get the signal through, I even encoded pieces of realtime film on harddisc with Window Media Encoder. Just the whole day without any trouble at all, good stuff here.

But the strange thing is, i shutdown my pc yesterday, and I didn't tocuh my camcorder, and when i boot my PC today, nothing happens, just a black screen. XP detects the firewire device without any problems, but for some reason the connection is dropped, and I cannot figure out why. I tried to restart the machine, turn off the camera, turn on, etc. Doesn't help.

The manual states that I should use a JVC VC-VDV206U or JVC VC-VDV204 DV cable, should that fix my problem ? Did anyone else has such similar problems ? Some people tell me, go bring it back to the store and get a Sony. This JVC cam really seems to be great, but this problem is driving me mad.

Thanks for any input,

Marcel

marceldehaan
Unregistered guest
For anyone that cares,

I've tried the following which seems to be pretty succefull.

Switch cam off, switch pc off. Change firewire port connection, turn camera on, turn pc on.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4379
This topic should have posted under "Camcorders". That is probably why no one gave you input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us