CANON IXUS 55vs 750

nidhi
Unregistered guest
guys, after having research on few of the canon models I have couple of questions..

1. what is purple fringing?

2. Is lithium batteries better than AA batteries?

3. Why do we require a dummy battery for rechrging a canon camera IXUS 55 or 750?

By the way, I have now really narrowed to IXUS 750 and 55. I just want last reviews of their pros and cons! whew!

Finally.. can someone really tell me their pros and cons in summary. This is my first digital camera.
Berny, hello to u.

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4351
Hello Nidhi,
1. Purple fringing is usually called Chromatic Aberration. Usually caused by inferior lenses. You can see this phenomenon when taking photos of subjects with great contrast. It looks like a fine line of discoloration (usually purple in color) on the edge of your subject.

2. Lithium batteries are better than AA batteries. They hold power longer and can put out a constant voltage throuout its lifecyle until the charge runs out. It is lighter and holds power a lot longer. Lithium-Ion batteries are different from regular Lithium Batteries.

3. Who told you that you need a dummy battery? You only need a dummy battery if you are using the optional AC adaptor. Its purpose is to make contact with the terminals inside the battery compartment and the AC adaptor's power terminals. Other than that, the charger is included with your purchase and a dummy battery is not necessary.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us