Canon Customer Service in Toronto sucks

Bronze Member
Username: Allen

Post Number: 12
I purchased a Canon ZR300 videocamera last December from a dealer here in Toronto together with a dv package(bag,tape and extra battery). I took the camera and the charger from the box and used the battery and the tape from the dv package.

Last week we watched nba game and my son wants to record the game so I need two batteries since the game normally lasts for two hours. When I checked the canon box I did not see any battery.I called the customer service and informed them of the situation. I said I did not notice that the battery is missing since I used the extra battery from the package that is why the 30 day return policy was over. They said they can not provide the battery for free. I told them that how come the product does not come with a battery and they keep on blaming the dealer. They said that their decision is final and they can not give it for free but they can give it for 50% discount. Wow these guys still want to make business even it was their fault. When a product leaves the warehouse and get their money, they don't care anymore. This is the worst customer service I encountered. I will never ever buy a Canon product again. To me there are many alternatives out there with excellent customer service. That is why the Canon was the cheapest of the group because they have the worst service. I remember the sales man was pushing me on the jvc and panasonic maybe he feels the same way. Now I believe in " Canon know how"……..to make money…..

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5449
Your dealer stiffed you, not Canon.

Did you seriously think that they can just give out batteries to people who claim that their kit was missing a battery?

Why stop there, why not claim that there was no camera in your kit?

They probably thought that you were just out to scam them a free battery! I'm sure that it was not your intent and that you are probably an honest man, but yourself in their shoes. Even if it is just a small time business, what do you think they would do?

You are the one who did not check your purchase and now looking for someone to blame for your lack of vigilance and common sense. Let us not forget the dealer, he was the last one to handle your product. Did you ever think that maybe this dealer is not as reputable as you thought they were? Maybe they took the battery out so they can sell it to you and they take you for a sap.

Go get your JVC and your Panasonic or whatever product it is out there that you think will have better customer service. After you purchase their product, give them a call and tell them that they did not place a battery in the kit you ordered. But do not tell them that you really have the battery with you. See if they give you a new battery for free!

Bronze Member
Username: Allen

Post Number: 13
If I want to make money I will declare that the camera is missing. How much will I get for a price of a battery?$50?$100?.They said if its less than 30 days they can send me a battery for free and if my intention is just to get one I should complain before 30 days and I should not buy the package since I could have a free battery by calling them before 30 days and declare that the battery is missing. I just want to be honest and get what is due for me and I even faxed the receipt to them to confirm that my camera is brand new and not a demo or open box.Their customer service is really a pain in the butt....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us