How to transfer Video with my sony handycam digital 8 dcr-trv260 to my computer

Username: Primobmx2007

Post Number: 2
I have a bit of a problem I lost the original drivers for my sony handycam digital 8 dcr-trv260 and formated my hardrive and have no way of importing video becouse my computer will not read that i have the sony handy cam in the usb drive can some help me? Like send me the drivers or tell me where to get new ones?

Unregistered guest
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE USB DRIVERS FROM SONY DOWNLOAD SITE US OR EUROPE AT SONY.COM

Unregistered guest
How to transfer Video with my sony handycam digital 8 dcr-trv260 to my computer, I do not know the required settings on sony handy cam model TRV265E

Unregistered guest
I don't seem to be able to create a VCD with my new Sony DCR-HC22E Handycam.

I have loaded the camera software and get as far as burning the CD but it keeps saying it doesn't recognise the CD-R. I have tried several new CD-R disks, just in case and tested my CDRW. I can view the video on the PC but fail to burn a video CD. Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

lindad
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how I can obtain an instruction book for the Sony DCR-TRV260?

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony DCR-TRV460 and I would like to burn to DVD. My applications guide says when you have a Sony VAIO series computer all you have to do is use "Click to DVD". Our computer is not a Sony VAIO. What after-market companies are offering software that will activate the Burn DVD button on camcorder? We have windows XP, an i.LINK cable (IEEE1394), K Hypermedia DVD burner with nero express V6.0 that we are using.

Anonymous

I have DCR TRV 22. I would greatly appreciate if someone tells me how to download my digital Videos to my PC. I already downloaded the software that came with it. I am able to transfer only the Still pictures but any Video.

Frustrated
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem. Windows will not recognize the DV camera. It did work after I bought it, but that was on a Sony VAIO computer (I only thought of the connection when I got home and it didn't work on my own computer). I think there are two possibilities. It also says in the Sony booklet that the camera works with four pin i.LINK, and like most people, I have the 4pin/6pin combo, perhaps having the 4pin/4pin will work. I don't know, but I see a lot of other people have this problem. I think that Sony is making it difficult to use anything but a Sony computer system so that you feel compelled to buy their products.

Anonymous

I have a Sony DCR-TRV460 and I would like to burn to DVD. I can download the video to the computer using the USB streaming feature but it creates a .wmv file. I don't wish to purchase additional software! How do I do this? I'm quessing that I need firewire instead of the usb?

aaronjreid@nospam.sympatico.ca

Anonymous

My DCT TRV22 i.LINK used to work with Windows XP, but when I clean installed the XP SP2 version it stopped.

Windows does not recognize my camera anymore. Strangely, the USB connection works ok...

I donīt think itīs the cable problem (mine is 4pin/6pin) because it used to work in the non-SP2 version.

Does anyone has any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

Anonymous

I am having a problem that:
I can copy video from my DCR-HC22E but the video is automatically mixed and has transition effects on top of that it has no sound just some backing music.

I want to know whether you need an i.link cable to copy the raw movie from the tape to the computer.

Anonymous

I have DCR TRV 22. I would greatly appreciate if someone tells me how to download my digital Videos to my PC. I already downloaded the software that came with it. I am able to transfer the still pictures but not movie from my cam corder. I am usuing the softwares like u-lead video studio 8,fire wire.

Username: Hemal_ks

Post Number: 1
I am facing a problem to create a VCD from my Sony DCR-HC22E Handycam. As soon as i select burn VCD option from camcorder it gives message that insert blank CD in your drive OR connection problem.

While with the same connection i can able to copy the video in PC so i guess connection is not a problem. it keeps saying it doesn't recognise the CD-R.

Is anybody face the same problem & found any solution for this......

thanks

Unregistered guest
USB CONNECTIVITY ,SONY HANDYCAM HC-32E.
I have a SONY HANDICAM HC-32E,I am able to transfer still images from camcoder to my PC but I am unable to transfer Video movie from tape.At that time laptop is recognised CAMCODER as a USB devcie.suggest me something.I am struggling with this issue since last 3 months

Unregistered guest
Hi all,
I am using a Sont handycam Model#CCD-TRV37, it does not have a USD port and I am at loss to understand as to how can I connect it to my computer or transfer the video to mt computer.Some one please help me please reply back with the solution

Bob Salmen
Unregistered guest
I have a dcr trv-310 digital camcorder and I am having trouble with the zoom. In optical I think it is o.k.? But in digital it jumps. not like being shaking but as if the len is loose. Any ideas? I have macular and I need the large screen otherwise I would buy a new camcorder.
Thanks. Bob

Unregistered guest
hi.
i have a sony ccd trv80 and it does not have USB port with it. id really appreciate it if anyone would take the time to tell me how do i transfer videos to my pc so I could burn it on a cd. thanks a lot...

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6031
What kind of outputs does your camera have?

What are your PC's capabilities as far as capturing videos?

Unregistered guest
i downloaded the drivers from the site and installed them, it recognizes the camera, but it dosent show up anywhere, what should i do?

Username: Aurelias36

I have a Sony Digital 8 DCR-TRV280. I have been trying to do automatic downloads according to the operations guide without success. Does anyone know what software will allow video transfer from the camcorder to a notebook computer?

Unregistered guest
I lost the original drivers for my sony handycam digital 8 DCR-TRV355E and formated my hardrive due to some problem. The driver was intalled using another Sony driver, but I am not able to transfer video to PC because the software Pexela Image Mixture version 1.5 is not vailable. We have versen 1.0 & 2.0 which doesnot work. suggest me how to get Pixela Image Mixture 1.5. I am struggling with this issue since last 1 year

Unregistered guest
i have a sony hadycam with model no DCR-TRV285E,i dont know how to read it into the my computer, can u pls help me out with the process of reading from handycam and get it burned into a cd.

Username: Sindy

I have a GL1 camcorder i use my power book G4 to edit video in Final Cut-pro... lately i've been having a lot of trouble when trying to capture video. when i hit "log and Capture" it captures for less than a minute and it stops... i turn the camera off and try again but it keeps on doing the same thig.. what do you think it is

Username: Randeep

Hi all

we had the same problem as far as copying movie on cassette to pc. But a resolve for the problem is to copy the cassette data onto the memory card via sony handycam itself. Go to PMenu-->Play/Edit-->Rec Ctrl --> There u can copy data onto the memory card (20 min for 64MB depending on size of mem card u have). Now via USB the memory data can be copied onto the PC.

randeep chaudhary & MM Abraham India

Username: Icecream2554

Hi, I saw several post about how to copy your mini sony handycam movies over to your hard drive and then burn them to a larger dvd...You can download the file I submitted on how I do it.
Maybe this will help someone.
Patty
application/x-wordperfect6Upload
Burning Handycam Movies.wps (11.8 k)

Username: Palmtree1807

LondonUnited Kingdom

I would greatly appreciate if someone would help.
i have a sony Digital 8 camcorder Model No: DCR-TRV255E i have only used it once. it worked fine at first but now when i try to record it shows that it's recording (everything is normal) but when i try to play back the screen is just blue!
any ideas?
thank you

Username: Chase8045

hi i am in dire help! i need to do somevideo editing on my computer with my sony handycam trv138. please tell me how to do this and where to get the right connection cord

please help me,chase

Username: Monmon

I have a SONY DCR-TRV76 camcorder, I have been tring to connect it with my laptop with S-Video cable.But nothing happened. Please note, that my camcorder hasn't got ilink/firewire/1394 hole. It's got only S-video, DC out and two holes for audio and video (black/yellow). But my laptop's got both of S-Video and ilink holes. Can somebody help!!Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9195
The S-Video connection on your PC is output, not input.

Username: Lalak_katariya

I have a problem with my SONY DCR HC32E handycam.It captures video on my pc for only 10 minutes.How can I increase this capturing time on my pc.Please help.........

Username: Madhursambhar

I am having Sony DCR-TRV285E handycam. I am not able to copy the videos from Tape to my computer. Though i am able to play the tape via USB Streaming Tool. But when i click on the "Burn DVD/VCD" button on handy cam it gives an error saying "check the connected device". Please help regarding this. Thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10142
You are having the problem with the USB connection.

Username: Albertjon

iam also facing the same problem as yours,I don't seem to be able to create a VCD with my new Sony DCR-HC26E Handycam.

I have loaded the camera software and get as far as burning the CD but it keeps saying it doesn't recognise the CD-R. I have tried several new CD-R disks, just in case and tested my CDRW. I can view the video on the PC but fail to burn a video CD. Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

Username: Albertjon

I don't seem to be able to create a VCD with my new Sony DCR-HC26E Handycam.

I have loaded the camera software and get as far as burning the CD but it keeps saying it doesn't recognise the CD-R.it keeps on saying insert the recording media. I have tried several new CD-R disks, just in case and tested my CDRW. I can view the video on the PC but fail to burn a video CD. Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong? please help me.

Username: Thepace77

hello, i have TRV265E sony handycam.when i burn the cd, it never shows date and time on cd as it shows in tape while seeing it on lcd screen. how can i include date and time on cd? please help me..

Username: Vinny2222

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=8691&post=653080#POST653080
Hi could you post a word format of the file?

Username: Mwrams

Mineral wells, Texas Usa

how do I get the sound to work with USB streaming in my pc from my sony TRV 260 using a usb cable?
Do I have to use a firewire cable?
or will this only show the video without sound also

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12211
You can't, you need firewire.

Username: Patriciabrn7742

I have a sony 8mm camcorder that I want to download to a Sharp dvd recorder and while it is downloading to dvd show it on my Magnavox tv. I have the connection cable, have in past downloaded the 8mm tapes to the same equipment but had my son's help and the booklet that goes with it. I cannot find the booklet anymore and my son is miles away and does not remember how to do it. Does anyone know how to do this that can explain it in everyday language so it can be done. I am giving the recorder and the camcorder to my granddaughter for her use and want to let her know how to do it. I am getting a camcorder that automatically records to a dvd-r so won't have to worry about it anymore. please let me know. thank you

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12294
What kind fo connection cbales do you have?

Typically you need to look at the video and audio outputs of your camcorder and connect it to the inputs of your DVD recorder. Then you connect the video/audio outputs to your TV.

If you need a manual, you can visit Sony's support website and download a manual for your camcorder.

Username: Rmr2005

I have DCR TRV 310. I would greatly appreciate if someone tells me how to download my digital Videos to my PC. I have firewire connection ,u lead software.My Laptop is not recognising my camcorder.thank u.Raj.

Username: Rmr2005

I Have a Sony DCRTRV 310 camcorder.I want to know is there any way to transfer video from camcorder to my compaq laptop.I would appreciate if someone tells me.Thank u.

Username: Injahnet

I also have the same camera and have been having connect issues for some time. If your issue is the same as mine, the camera says DVIN but the PC does not recognize or show the device as connected. No one seems to have a solution.. Hope you can find one..

Does anyone have the part number for the ilink board? I want to replace the ilink board to see if it fixes the problem..

Post Number: 3
Or a parts catalogue would help..

Username: Icecream2554

Hello,
I have a Sony DCR-DVD92 and I have found an even easier way to copy your mini movie from your camcord to your pc and then put 3 mini movies over onto a DVD+R..All you need to do this is Roxio Easy Media Creator 8. If you would like to know how I do this please email me at bobrau@verizon.net and I will send you the info...

Username: Vinny2222

Hi
Even I found that roxio software seems to be the best bet for good video transfer from sony camcorders.Even just a roxio DVD LE is sufficient ad comes for far less the cost of Studio premier which also allows for MPEG conversion.

Username: Sib

HOW CAN I TRANSFER VIDEO FROM MY SONY DCR HC28 TO MY PC WITH OUT PURCHASING THE FIREWIRE CARD.I PURCHASED A DATA CABLE WHICH SUITS BOTH THE PORT IN CAM AS WLL AS IN PC i.e FIRE WIRE AT ONE END AND USB AT ANOTHER. BUT AFTER CONNECTING I AM GETTING A MESSAGE "USB DIVICE NOT RECOGNISED". I AM USING WINDOWS XP. PLS. ADVISE

Username: Twerner

Post Number: 4
I only have the tapes from my old Sony. What I would like to do ideally would be to get them onto my laptop which is a Dell Inspiron E1705 and edit them before burning. Will I need to find a used Sony to play the tapes in or is there some other electronic that I can use for the transfer. Once I get that far what software should I use? Thanks so much for any help.

Username: Charleso

I have a Sony CDR-DVD92. When I bought it, I was too stupid to check if it had a USB connection. It does not. There is no way that I can imagine to connect it my PC. What I need to do is download videos I have recorded on those Sony mini DVD-RWs to my PC's hard drive so I can manipulate them, post video snippets on web sites, include them in PowerPoint presentations, and the like. Right now, all I can do is play the DVDs. Big whoop. Anyway, PLEASE, HOW DO YOU COPY VIDEO FROM THE DCR-DVD92 TO YOUR PC? Is there any way on earth to do it? Patty said there was on aJan. 25 posting, using Roxio Easy Media Creator 8. I have e-mailed twice, but no reply. Can anyone help me?

Username: Lackapenny

Need help please
I have just bought a Sony DCR-TRV270E (secondhand) but did not get the software with it, how and where can I get the software?

Username: Crazycajun32

Church Point, La United States

I have a Sony DCR TRV260, I went to the sony support site, but my problem is I have Vista home basic and it asks for my model, serial number and the CD-Rom part number "-" removed, and I bought it from my brother and of course the cd wasnt in the case, so if anyone has the cd for it and would share the # on it with me I would greatly appreciate it. If not, what other programs would work with this video camera so that it would be compatible? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 45
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=DCRTRV260&UpdateType=Everything

Username: Roonie76

I have the same problem as Tina. You have to have the original CD to get the updates and I don't have it. What now? I tried to go back and download the original USB driver but it wasn't compatible with Vista so there is no way to upgrade without the original software. Help!

Username: Suzane89

Physically, there is only one way to connect the Sony Handycam to your computer via the USB port. However, once it's connected, the Sony Handycam can serve two different purposes. The first purpose is to simply use the Sony Handycam as a memory card reader/writer to access the Memory Stick through your computer. The second purpose is to use the Sony Handycam to stream video. This article will explain how to set-up the Sony Handycam and your Windows Vista computer to do either.
  1. Make sure that you have installed the USB driver for the handycam. You can download the drivers from this link
  2. Connect the handycam to the AC adaptor.
  3. Set the handycam to USB stream mode.
  4. Set the tape at the point from where you want to start capturing in PC.
  5. Connect the handycam and the PC with the USB cable.
  6. Start Windows Movie Maker. Click on the 'Capture..' link to start the wizard.
  7. Select the Sony Digital Imaging Device. Click Next.
  8. Specify the file name and path for the capture video. Click Next.
  9. Select the desired capture format and Click Next.
  10. The dialog box now displays the Start Capture and End Capture buttons on the left and preview window on the right.
  11. Play the tape on the handycam. The video from handycam should appear in the preview window of WMM.
  12. Click the Start Capture button to start capturing the video. Click End Capture to pause or stop recording.
  13. Click the Finish button. The .wmv file will be saved in the path specified in step

Username: Gwad

Hi i have a Sony Digital 8 Camcorder model no: DCR-TRV330E. Recently i installed a new Windows 7 operating system on my pc. Since then windows 7 will not recognise my camcorder. I have connected the i link cable between the two, the camcorder registers the i link cable and the device manager on th epc registers the camcorder yet when i look for the file in explore it is not visiable, i have tryed windows movie maker and that also has had no joy, as well as Sonys on PMB software, please can some help or guide me.

Post Number: 3
Does any one know how to transfer video files from Sony DCR-TRV330E camcorder to Windows 7 PC.

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/compatibility/cam/win7/cam_win7.aspx?site=od w_en_GB&m=DCR-TRV330E

According to Sony, Windows 7 that was upgraded from a previous version of Windows is not supported. Windows 7 that was installed in a new PC from the factory is supported.

Post Number: 4
hi thankyou for a quick reply, windows 7 has been a clean installation, as the pc was completely striped down and the hard drive was cleaned and re formated, with a new installation of windows 7. When i go onto the device manager the image files show the camcoreder via i link but the storage files do not show.
what else can should i be doing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
Don't know.
I don't have Windows 7.

Username: Zozohot

ned a video editing software and a capture video card to be able to import video, edit and use your camcorder has webcam or live stream video to skype or web site.

conect your camcorder to de iLink or DV port to the capture video card firewire.

i used pinnacle capture video card and software.

Username: Melissay

hopefully this will help others resolve an issue: i'm running windows xp home edition with sp3 and ie 8. i have a sony mini-dv digital handycam model dcr-trv22. i was having the same problem; connecting the video camera via the usb port and unable to capture from video device via windows movie maker. i have the image mixer v 1.5 software cd containing the sony usb driver and installed everything properly - but was still unable to have the device be recognized by the windows movie maker program. very frustrating when it's supposed to be simple. the fix for my situation was this; my video camera operating instructions booklet, page 156 "making the computer recognize your camcorder" - the video camera, itself, has a setting where you need to change the usb stream from OFF to ON. it was easy. but i wasted a lot of time trying everything else.

Username: Bhavin2in52

To Suzane (Posted March 17, 2010)

Thanks for the steps to get video from the recording cassette. I tried it and was successful saving the clips. But one point to discuss that the quality of video recorded from movie maker is bad. I gave the option of high quality (large) video in movie maker. But the recorded video is not as good as we see in the display screen of the handycam. video quality is bad, color is changed and some objects in low light can not be seen which are clearly visible in handycam screen.

Is there any other program or technique by which we can get better video in PC ? I am using digital8 sony dcr285e PAL handycam

Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15446
bhavin2in52

You can buy a PVR card then hook the output of your Handycam through the input of this card to record directly on a DVD burner.

Silver Member

Post Number: 488
A PVR is analog capture. And there are sometimes issues with video and audio synchronization.

The best video transfer method is to use Firewire if the camcorder has that port. This is digital.

Username: Gufisor

I have a Sony Digital 8 DCR-TRV255E and gave a reset to the room .... in that moment I lost my settings and flashes when the room is dark, and I consume battery information battery. How can I cancel the battery information? Thank you.

Username: Enmstark

Have a Sony Handycam TRV340, downloaded the USB drivers off the internet but the computer still says the camera isn't connected. Think I may need the Pixela software but Sony wants $40 bucks to download it and it's obsolete. Anyone got any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Cheney

Post Number: 18
Some troubles appears along with Apple releasing iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus.
I can't play HD AVCHD movies on iPhone 6/6 Plus. This is kinda embarrassing.
But soon, I get a solution - Aunsoft Video Converter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us