Broken Screen on Sony Cybershot DCW7

Username: Sham

Post Number: 1
Hi there i have a Sony Cybershot DCW7, 7.1 <megapixels>. Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4114
Send it in for service. What did you think you can do? Are you qualified to fix it yourself?

Username: Sham

Post Number: 2
I realise that Bernie but i would like to know how much it would cost and do i just send it to Sony or what??? Also i live in the UK but purchased the camera elsewhere so does anyone know the customer help number for the UK?
THanks again

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4116
My apologies then. We just get so many inquiries about all kinds of wacky problems with cameras and people don't realize that a broken equipment is not something they can usually fix themselves.

As far as your broken camera, fixes can vary from 50 to 100 pounds depending on the damage. If the camera is fairly new and under warranty, Sony will usually fix it for free. I do not know about grey market rules in the UK, but here in the US, a grey market camera(purchased in another country through a US retailer and not meant for the US market) will not even be looked at by the manufacturer unless you can prove via receipt that it was purchased from another country and brought here.

But like all digital cameras and equipment, I usually do not recommend having the product repaired as the cost is not worth the trouble. The camera is usually rendered obsolete by newer models. I also do not recommend any Sony camera regardless of their lens and megapixel claim. I try to have people get cameras from camera companies such as Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Pentax, Konica Minolta and so forth. Sony is getting to diversified and a lot of their cameras lack the quality that most photographers, that I know,want.

Craig NYC
Unregistered guest
Sorry to hear about your camera. Was in your shoes not too long ago with my Canon S500 point and shoot.

I just got a protector for my Canon Rebel's screen. After dealing with a broken screen and the strugles with getting it repaired (not worth it), I am taking every precaution.

I bought the protector here: http://www.delkin.com/delkin_products_pop_up_shade.html

Not sure if they have on for your camera, but worth a look.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us