Olympus C-720 Color Specks on shots

I have a problem with my night shots - these very obvious "color specks" seem to show up on all shots taken in the dark with an extended shutter time. Anyone else have this problem? Didn't know if it was typical or if I need to get some work done on this!

Thnanks
Todd

Username: Squirrelyz

Post Number: 2
Todd,

Hi. This is typical behavior with digital cameras at long exposure times. The color specks are signal noise. I'm a professional photographer in Atlanta - and even with our $3K Nikon D2h we get some noise with long exposures. Your best bet for night photography is go with slide film and shoot several exposures at different shutter speeds (bracketing) to get the effect you're looking for. You may want to try looking at www.photofocus.com for more tips/tricks concerning digital photography. Good luck, and keep shooting.
^billy

Bronze Member
Username: Freeringtones

Post Number: 41
Looking for a used or new Olympus C-720? Why not try the Olympus C-770 CAMEDIA instead?

CliveCC
Unregistered guest
I don't know about the C-720 but my C-770 has a noise cancelling system, even if the C-720 does not what you can do is to take a second shot with the lens cap on and use the second picture as a mask to isolate the noisy pixels.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us