UPLOAD ISSUES ONCE AND FOR ALL HI-8, VHS.. WE NEED ANSWERS

Username: Shadysk21

Post Number: 1
I currently have a brand new hp made for audio/video, I have a ton of video from over the years I want to upload onto its hard drive to edit and put on dvd. I have three camcorders and 4 formats I need to upload, I have a sony ccd-trv43(Hi-8), panasonic pv-dv102d(mini-dv), and a canon fs100(SD). I don't know how to upload two formats onto my computer, the Hi-8 and VHS. The computer is capable of basically all upload compatability the issue are the camcorders. The comp can take SD, USB(although I've been told this is an issue at times), Firewire (I don't have one), and 1394 (I have purchased this cord). I also bought a video editing program Pinnacle Studio 11. I think the problem is the Hi-8 doesnt have any kind of output abilty besides something called an LANC(no friggin idea what that is) and the reg av output that my computer as far as I can tell has no way of connecting to. The sd camcorder I dont believe can record hi8 onto its sd card unless im missing or need to purchase a cord. I just want to know what I need to purchase, whether it be hardware or a program, or another wire, in order to get the VHS and Hi-8 onto my comp to edit and put on dvd. Sorry for the lengthy post... I just feel like I have alot of options that I'm not experienced enough yet to realize, thank you.. I'm an amature trying to work with what I have:-)

Special K
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us