Canon SD500: Controlling blurriness?

Florence
Unregistered guest
I currently own a Canon S230, which is a 3.2 megapixel elph line camera. I have been considering upgrading, mostly because I find that in indoor settings where the subject is far away (ex. I was at an indoor HS graduation), the pictures come out either blurry no matter how still I hold the camera, or too dark if I use flash.

I've owned this camera for about 2 years or more, and perhaps I just don't know how to use the camera properly. But does anyone know or have experience with taking pictures with the SD500 indoors at a concert or at some indoor venue that has a distant subject? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3195
Are you using it on full auto mode?
The results you are getting most likely because of this. The camera has an effective flash range of no more than a few feet and will not work in concert venues.
If you want to take pictures of distant objects in the dark, you need to increase the ISO speed. Do a spot metering on the subject you want to take pictures. And put the camera on aperture priority and set it to the widest setting. The camera will set the shutter speed for you.

You need a tripod for lowlight situations and you can't expect a point and shoot to really shine in a trickyt lighting situation. The blur is from camera and hand shake. The camera is on low shutter speeds because of the low levels of lighting and and shake will be transferred to your pictures. The only way around this is to increase the shutter speed and increase the ISO sensitivity of the camera. Check your manual on how this is done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us