Picture Projects- Where are my photos????

Unregistered guest
Need urgent assistance on very important Photos!

I am using PictureProject with my D70s and Windows XP, how do I retrieve the pictures downloaded previously, "Occasion A" (before the the most recent download - "Occasion B"). Using Picture Project, I can't seem to find Occasion A pictures,. Occasion A pictures can NOT be viewed from the main 'My Computer/My Pictures' file in the main Windows Start Up screen, but not on Picture Project?!?

I have uploaded about 2000 pics (so far!) directly from the camera to my PC. Just recently (since the last upload), all photos taken with the D70s are showing as white squares with a question mark on. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to view them as proper photos. The help button is no help whatsoever.

I need to restore these photos somehow!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5107
First things first.
Are the pictures still in the memory card?

Unregistered guest
No and I have used the memory card already

Gold Member

Post Number: 5113
Go to Nikon USA and download NikonView and follow the instructions to the letter.

Do you have a memory card reader?

You mean to tell me that you have not verifed contents of the pictures and proper capture and you already recorded over the memory card?

Not very smart!

Unregistered guest
No memory card reader
Yes photos were checked they were fine. The down load was successful.
Although last night I was going to back up and the boxes had question marks in them and I can't find the b luddy file. I think perhaps when I downloaded the second lot of photos from memeory- maybe these over- write the first lot???

Unregistered guest
No memory card reader
Yes photos were checked they were fine. The down load was successful.
Although last night I was going to back up and the boxes had question marks in them and I can't find the b luddy file. I think perhaps when I downloaded the second lot of photos from memeory- maybe these over- write the first lot???

Gold Member

Post Number: 5119
I don't think so.
The files are named numerically and automatically unless you messed with it.

Even if it tries to over write the files, you will be prompted before they get erased.

Have you downloaded and installed NikonView?

What have you designated as the folder to download the pictures?

Oh and by the way, get yourself a memory card reader...it's cheap and makes file transfer more simple.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us