[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/louman61/P1010040.jpg[/IMG]

there bose 901's and bose 501's and

an orion 12" sub and 10" sub powered by a crate power mixer
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/louman61/P1010042.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/louman61/P1010037.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/louman61/P1010044.jpg[/IMG]

Username: Mattman12

Post Number: 1
It has the garbage dump theme going for it.

Bronze Member
Username: Mattman12

Post Number: 15
I cant get over this. This is one of the craziest things I have ever seen. Right up there with that dud placing 50 $10 speakers all over his walls. You may have a problem Luis. And there is no way there is any acoustic matching in this "setup". I still can't believe this. What is your goal? Like the idea of putting two subs in a ported box on a chair on the right of the room.. Wish I would have thought of that. Probally generates tight base..or not.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 360
Matt shut it , He if likes it then he likes it , Nice duel coloured ps2 man

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 725
Ok it might not be my choice, but as long as you like it.

Man I wish I could take pics
Mine's not the best either of course.

Silver Member
Username: Basicaudio

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 117
Looks like a teenagers room! you have far betters stuff when I was a teenager back in the 70's! all i had was cheap SOUND DESIGN all in one phonograph/receiver with 8 track and two cheap 8 inch paper speakers with them funny voice coils with flaps. I envied my eldest brother was in the air force who had bose 501's, 901 series three (that's before i've heard high end or owned one) kenwood super seven receiver with the reverb/time delay/5 band equalizer built in and quad amplifiers. Those were the days when marantz, pioneer and kenwood used to battle it out on the receivers and when soundcraftsmen, phase linear(bob carver), mcintosh,crown,luxman and later SAE, NIKKO audio was the dominant high end companies. Quad,AR,Allison,BOSE, KLIPSCH, KLH, OHM, MAGNEPAN, ACOUSTAT, BIC, JBL, speakerlab, infinity, polk and many others were dominant players in high end.

I can't take pictures of my complicated system because i have enough gear to put together three A/v surround systems with so many tweaks called dakiom stabilizers and sound processors such as expanders, equalizers, spatial enhancers, bass enhancers, and many amps. half of my gear is in storage, too big to put in my small room.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2804
Matt Schill

Uou're a troll and Admin will soon be kicking you off this site! I don't like your attitude towards members and myself. You are treading on thin ice!

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2805
Luis

Mate I see you have a mixing board in that set-up very nice, but first get the sping cleaning lady in and design a layout for the front loudspeakers with the sub bass placed at the front assign the surround loudspeakers down the sidewalls and rear wall and your ready to enjoy the glorious sound of six-track Dolby stereo digital surround and the odd dts mix.

The audio mixer can be used to send lows from the front channels left centre and right and surrounds, into the mixers inputs, along with LFE.1 use the (pan pot) and send the left centre right and surrounds to say left! send the LFE.1 to the right and use the single monaural output and send that to the sub bass.

Monitor the outputs from the other channels that are combined note the level via the VU metre display as well as LFE.1 so that they do not exceed (0db) output that they remain below it. All is required is the amplification to be boosted very carefully.

Also using audio limiters and separate matching sub bass units if starting out fresh will add an incredible home cinema experience, where one sub bass acts as sub bass extension and the other for LFE.1 this helps reduce the sub bass from being over taxied with often excessive LFE.1 output.

I use the same approach in my home cinema where I am able to take the subs to the limit within technical tolerances.

Bronze Member
Username: Hondafanatic17

Thompsontown, PA USA

Post Number: 12
Man you got alot of speaker but if you ever update your HT clean your room before you take pics it makes everything look a lot nicer. lol

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 679
Interesting... your room could use a dusting. Gotta be a teenager's room or a college dorm. Am I close Luis?

How does it sound?

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 400
Hi THX hope your doing fine, I agree that matt is a peice of shhiitt and probibly made him leave and not feel welcome in a forum thats all about learning and having fun, the dust factor is bad in my home too, dont let matt get you down, its all about the love of audio and vid

Silver Member

Post Number: 401
Luis you drew the pictures? very cool Im a student of art when I have the time this is my best work, keep it up it opens the mind Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 44
It would appear as though 99% here might already agree but this set up here is a beautiful thing. I am glad that Matt wasn't around to "encourage" me when my room looked like this! The thing I remember the most from my set up (in the early 70's) was the smell after trying to answer the question, "I wonder what happens when I do this?"

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
yeeh back in the 80`s my room smelt like bong water

Silver Member

Post Number: 416
hhmhhmm huumhhmm hhmmm

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15417
I see a Tucker up there. Nice car.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2177
^^^Right Berny....I saw one at Francis Ford Coppola's winery in Napa a few years ago. I was surprised they let me sit in it.

Also, is that a red Jag XKE underneath the house?

Username: Arthurmdarby

Post Number: 4
Strange!! This post is unanswered from 9 years :o
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help