Center: Onkyo (looking to upgrade)

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Msvara

Post Number: 27
Nice audio. Now save up and get a new 1080p TV ;)

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1098
lookin good

how does it sound

Bronze Member
Username: 1lakerfan

Post Number: 58
It sounds good, i'm looking to replace the center speaker. I'm looking at the polk audio csi5 right now. any suggestions? The csi5 is voieced matched for the RTi10s

Bronze Member
Username: Shamuchef

Central florida THE GREATEST...

Post Number: 33
i have the rti10s and am using the csi3 center and it sounds real good. im not an expert but ive done a lot of reding and comparing, and i think the csi5 is more for the rti12s because of the power hanling and the size of the speakers. how is the velodyne? i was going to buy that one but polk had a special, if you bought 500.00 worth of speakers you got a 199.99 sub or could use the moneyto ofset the cost of a better polk sub , so i got the psw12 and it works fine,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
sorry my typing is bad... how do you have your speakers connected ? i have mine bi-wired. some say it makes no difference but im using 12 ga. speaker wire from loews. so it was worth any possible improvment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
The velodyne DLS-4000R sounds excellent. I am not bi wiring. I still need to buy better speaker wire. I am using the speaker wire that came with a onkyo home theatre in a box which is thin speaker wire

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
i bought about 50 ft. of 12 ga. wire from loews for about 12.00 and bannana plugs from rsdio shack for about 4.00. a set, then covered the whole thing with wire loom tubing not bad for the cost.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Do you hear a difference in sound from a cheap speaker wire to a expensive one?

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 300
Nice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
ive never tried one but ive read that there is no difference. but ithink they look a lot nicer, monster cable makes one that has the bannana plugs on the ends. i want to buy a set and try them out but they cost around 100.00 a set for 10 feet. crutchfield has them in three different lengths.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
what kind of veneer do you have on your rti10s? i have the cherry and its verry smooth to the touch. do you play them with the covers on or off?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
I have the black color and keep the grill on because afraid I might mess them up with everything exposed

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 2313
Albert

Yes I must say I like the Denon 2807. Was just looking it up in Google image and I liked what I saw very nice indeed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
I just upgraded my center speaker to the polk Audio Csi 5 and should arrive in a couple of days

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 315
The thicker the wire the more power will go threw.

Thinner stuff is fine for twets/mids but for woofers thicker is better

Just get some 16ga

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Monster Cable ULTS1000MT-10/10 Ultra Series THX 10 Foot Pair Spkr Cable

What size is this speaker wire

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
that speaker wire is a rip off. i ordered it from crutchfield and it sounds no different than regular 12 ga. speaker wire. its just a mental thing. like my rims are better than yours , the car rides no different than with the stock rims. its the best way to explain it. but some people are not happy unless they waste thier time and money

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 202
My dad works as an electrician at this manufacturing facility and he brought home to me a piece of copper wire with a 2" diameter! Lol that'd be overkill.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Whaht speaker wire would you recommened

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Upgraded center speaker to polk audio csi5

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 481
Good.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 324
Just buy some Monster THX speaker wire its 16 GA it works fine i use it for all my speakers

http://monstercable.com/THX/productPage.asp?pin=1602

Bronze Member
Username: Mattman12

Post Number: 12
Nice speakers but I would have went with a bigger stand to support that TV.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Added a PS3

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 165
Looks like you are off to a great start and your speaker placement is good too.

I too would be inclined to upgrade the display first to go along with the great audio.

Congratulations and hope you enjoy your system for some time to come!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
I was looking at the Sony 40" BRAVIA V-Series HDTV (KDL-40V2500) and the Sony 40" BRAVIA XBR LCD HDTV (KDL-40XBR2). I was plany on getting the XBR2 but I heard that there are alot of compaints about this tv being clouding and the customer service dosnt help a all either, so I'm not sure which one to get. I really wanted to HD tv for my ps3, for playing games and playing blue ray movies.

here is link that compare the two tvs.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/compare.do?poids=160778,157555&prevPage=categoryl ist.do&catOid=-12869&nstr=20012866%2020012867%2020012869%20965%2040000129&link=r ef

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1420
­
I just don't see enough of a difference between these TVs to warrent paying $650 more for the XBR. You do get an extra HDMI input and better remote with it, but that's about it as far as I can see.

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1919
More powerful subwoofer system needed...come on man!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
You mean I need a more powerful subwoofer?! Velodyne makes the best subwoofers. Have you heard this subwoofer?
Look at this link
http://www.velodyne.com/velodyne/news/review_files/home%20theater%20dls-4000r%20 july%202004.pdf

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1406
Upload

Silver Member

League City, Texas

Post Number: 174
There is an old saying, "Quality over Quantity" and the Velodyne is just that. One of the best sounding subwoofers in the market.

Good bass is an acquired taste. Until you have heard it, you really do not know what you are missing. Too much of it and all you do is destroy the rest of the frequency range. The Velodyne plays flat over its entire capable range and that is no small feat.

Some people go through life talking every minute of it but in the end, they really do not have much to say.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 414
C'mon, we all know Andre hasnt heard a quality sub yet. But if its loud, hes OK, still young, he'll learn.
For your TV, look into Panasonic TH_(insert model # here)U series, GREAT bang for the buck. As of now, I believe that series (all sizes) is outdoing all other comers, kinda like the Sony "ruby" has been doing to other high Gs projectors, including their own Qualia. I picked up the TH58PX600U after demoing quite a few, and glad I came across it, because otherwise I would've spent about a 1/3 more for no reason other than to say I spent more.

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1927
My favorite sub I've heard so far is the ML Descent, like I said on my very first post here. It sounded natural and it was great especially for music. I plan on building an IB consisting of 4 18" Q's and an EP2500 to supply power. You're right david, I haven't heard a quality sub until I've heard a well built IB!

You know they always say that when we say we're looking for more bass, but what we're really looking for is better bass!

Oh, btw that's what I was suggesting, an IB! Lots of power down to 10hz

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
Post you setup or give me a link to your set-up

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1410
Here is Andre's setup Merry Christmas!!!!!

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
am I supposed to be impressed?

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1952
Lol maybe ASHLEY's setup...but right now I'm waiting to get what I need to build the IB.

If only I had a camera.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
what is your budget on you whole entire surround system?

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1963
Well let me see, I'm 14... and so I've only spent a total of maybe $500 in it, but if it were all new, maybe $4000? I do like your system, although it probably wouldn't have been my first choice of components. And you know what's scary? Most of the value of my system is in the surrounds and sub. Imagine that!

Anyway, I'd rather have your setup than some cheap setup that was all the cheapest stuff you could find at bestbuy or something. I KNOW that your setup beats a lot of 'em. I'm just building mine step-by-step and hopefully that speeds up when I can get a job working somewhere.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
what do you mean when you say

"so I've only spent a total of maybe $500 in it, but if it were all new, maybe $4000?"

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1980
I mean I've bought it all used.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 456
Andre , Its not about beating other peoples system. If you like it, you like it.

same with Ashleys system it prolly sounds wicked when watching a movie, it may not look all that good but it potlly sounds wicked. Its about how it sounds to you.

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1987
That's what I was going to say up in that other post, but I guess I got distracted; totally agree with you.

Bronze Member
Username: Movie_collector

, California U.s

Post Number: 14
Al
$400,$4000 or $40k. Bottom line is, what sounds good to you. These other guys that knock your system are low life punks that need Mommy and Daddy to pay for their equipment. You cant truly enjoy shaking pictures off the wall until you pay for it all your self. Took me 12yrs of trial and error before I finally got the right combination that met my needs. Take a peak at my profile when you get a minute.

Silver Member

League City, Texas

Post Number: 196
Albert,

Monster Cables are overpriced and are not well shielded. I suggest you visit Blue Jean Cables site. Fair prices for broadcast quality cables without all the sales gimmicks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
Andre Money,
If you like that sub, than thats you opinion. I just want to say that theres more to a surround system than just the sub. I seen some of your replies on other peoples systems and you keep saying "need more power" or something like that. having a good subwoofer isnt going to give you the complete surruond sound

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2056
Did you notice I made most of those comments within a 5-minute period?

I must've gotten angry (don't have a sub yet).

I guess it can if it's the only thing missing. Of course, if everything else is good enough, you don't even need a subwoofer! I do though.

It's only as good as its weakest link.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
I heard the Sony XBR2 is having a problem on the tv being clouding. But someone said that it is only having this problem on the 42" tvs and up. Is this true because Im thinking about buying the 40" one.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4910
Regarding the original post: there seriously needs to be a TV replacement next :P

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
If you read my last post you can see thats what im working on

Silver Member

League City, Texas

Post Number: 206
Albert,

The XBR has a great picture, but i seem to be seeing above average failure rates when compared to my other personal favorites, the Pioneer and Panasonic models. Your mileage may vary but I would do a search and see if you agree.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4928
Ah yes, Sony. They do have a very nice picture, but the failure rate on them is disturbingly high...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
Actually now I pretty sure I going to buy the Sony XBR3. I have found no bad reviews for this tv and I found this tv on the internet for about $2600 with a 3 yr. warranty (in home), but it will probably take me about three months until I actually buy this tv. This tv should go perfect with my Playstation 3.

Silver Member

League City, Texas

Post Number: 208
Sony TV warranties are worthless. The XBR line has had issues. I suggest more digging. the XBR3 may not have anything yet, but it is still fairly new and is "cut from the same cloth". I have a Sony display so I not a Sony hater, just certain product lines for reasons mentioned above.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us