Check out my Home Theater

Bronze Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 92
http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/Mm5qm7GI?sk=c3f6813b4b46cfb4bee3c29d6d967f46

It's been done for quite a while, just about a year now. The seats are just a regular sofa, love seat and two sectionals (as of now). I had the walls and ceiling pre-insulated with 3 layers of fiberglass insulation. Only the right wall and the floor have cement behind or underneath them, so I put no insulation there.

The equipment list includes:

Denon AVR-3805
Panasonic DVD-S97
Dish Network 811 HD Receiver
Sony Cineza VPL HS-51
Draper 92" LCD screen (can't remember which specific model)
Def. Tech. Super Cube II
2X Def. Tech. Studio Monitor 350 (fronts)
2X Def. Tech. Pro Monitor 80 MKII (rears)
Def. Tech. Mythos Seven (center)
PS2
XBox

Bronze Member
Username: Em69

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 61
It's pretty nice...good job.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5502
The site is down.

How do you like the Def Tech Mythos?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5516
The site is back up. Nice HT!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
I like the Mythos 7. It's very clear and can get very loud, provided I up the attenuation on the center channel. I find that my Studio Monitors can overpower my Mythos, but if I increase the level by about 3 or 4 from 0 on the receiver (it can go all the way to 12 for each channel), I get a nice balance.

I just wish things were a little different in my Theater. The main thing is the front screen/speaker housing. I wish it were one single cabinet unit to make it look more complete. My lazy idiot contractor decided it was better for HIM to make it the way he did, even after I told him to make it one single unit. He said cabinets on the left and the right sides all the way up to the ceiling would be waste of space because the wall back there is angled at 45 degrees hence a waste of labor, but I was willing to pay him. He was just lazy.

Another major issue is the door being on the right side of the back wall instead of the back side of the left wall (where I wanted it) so the platform would be centered to the room.

I also wanted the paint of the room to be a darker brown with darker carpet and drop ceiling to match the wood. But the lady of the house wanted the colors to be continuous to the rest of the house.

You can't win with idiot contractors and women.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
All that stuff doesn't really matter, however, once the lights turn off and The Matrix starts playing in all it's awesome glory :-)

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 285
Awesome man, love the projection setup, check mine out sometime "my bacially done HT"

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 49
Nice job D Singh i bet it sounds good and looks good,there a few things that i would have gotten different but no dought that a nice system

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 761
D, this is a very nice system. "Hey, if you think my 4X3 RP is inadequate, let me fire up the projector. Now, take that!"

One thing I would have done is to move the center channel down under the RP under a platform the RP would sit on. That way, your R, C, and L speakers would be on the same line across, presenting a more "seamless" soundstage across the front.

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
Thanks for all the comments.

Joseph, me too.

JOHN S, actually, I would have liked the L/R speakers to have been placed higher. Sitting on the sofa the screen is a little higher than head level, and the rear sofa is partially blocked from the front speakers by the front sofa.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 768
Ah, yes I see. Still, I'm sure this HT is very impressive when the lights are low....

Congratulations. Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 6496
Nice indeed!

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
Bump ;)

Username: Biz_dance

Post Number: 6
Hey D Singh, what is the projector mount you used? I'm looking for one for the same projector.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
erich...I bought a mount by Peerless. I went on their website and I can't find the mount I bought, probably becuase it was the one that was redesigned. No matter, it's still specific to the VPL-HS51 projector
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us