DIY bass trap

Bronze Member
Username: Mike19

Tallahassee, Fla USA

Post Number: 12
Hi everybody.
Just wanted to relay something I tried with good results.

I had moved my best sub (a Sunfire True) out of my home theater system and into my "home office" computer system. Put the Sunfire into a corner, as usual, and it sounded way too boomy. Moved it out from the wall, but no improvement. Took a bunch of old, crumpled T-shirts and stuffed them into the corner. Boom gone!
Mike

Username: Wetfishodeon

Post Number: 8
Interesting to see some pictures I promise I won't laugh.
I wonder what frequency they are absorbing bussed on SPL db?

Corners are a big problem in the home.

And you only need to run a few test gear around the room SPL db RTA to see what you normally wouldn't see but may just detect the small difference or the pressure at few frequencies being reduced without the need or with minimal EQ use.

I wouldn't be surprised if the peaks where high in the 40Hz to 50Hz then smoothing out thou to 60Hz and then rising again slightly into the 70Hz the dropping then rising again into the 80Hz then dropping rapidly, maybe because that's more or less what I see in the corner and the sub is at least 28" away from the corner located along the front wall.

But clothing hmm well unless I have some that is good enough for Oxfam then no I'm not going to start using my best cloths, unless I have some blankets all crumbled up together and stuffed in the corner?

Username: Jspringer

Post Number: 2
yea, if it fixed your problem, it fixed your problem. I've always had trouble with corners myself, try to stay away from putting any of my equipment in them.

Username: Parkermbbs

Post Number: 1
Hi Mike,

That's great to hear about your positive experience with your Sunfire True subwoofer! It sounds like you found a clever solution to improve the sound in your home office computer system by using old T-shirts to dampen the boominess caused by the corner placement. Acoustic treatment like this can indeed make a significant difference in audio quality.

If you have any more audio tips or experiences to share, feel free to share them with the community. Happy listening!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us