Using surge/conditioner for on wall plasma

Username: Dhead97

Post Number: 3
This might seem silly, but Im looking at getting a 42" plasma that I was going to hang on my wall in my living room. The outlet on this wall also has an ac pump connected to it that produces a small amount of static in the CRT tv I currently own for a few seconds that I dont beleive would be too good for the plasma. I was going to run another dedicated power circuit to this wall from panel box which is no big deal.

What Im wondering is if I hang the plasma on the wall how do I hook it to a surge supressor/conditioner??? Would I have to use a model like the Monster HTFS500 that is thin and can mount behind it?

Im thinking about buying an audio cabinet and placing it below it for my equip and then having the audio/video cables run up through the wall. One thing I wasnt sure of is whether I should get something like the Monster that goes on the wall mount or if there was a way I could buy a bigger conditioner that I could hook my other components to also and somehow also hook the TV to. Ive read where its not recommended to run the AC power cord though a wall for the TV and really dont want to run it down the wall where I will see it. Can someone help me thats had this situation?

This is my biggest hang up. I want it to look nice by being on wall but also would rather not spend almost $300 on that Monster HTFS500 and then have to get another for my other components if theres a way I can plug the TV into the one I get for the wall cabinet. Thanks

dwayne

Bronze Member
Username: Plato

Woodbury, NJ

Post Number: 30
Use a flat plastic conduit to run the Tv power cable down the wall and paint it the same color as the wall. You won't be able to see it, especially if you have a center channel in front of it.

Username: Dhead97

Post Number: 5
Ok, I didnt think about doing that. That would solve that problem. I could then just run the audio/video cables in the wall. Do they make center channels that mount on the wall? Otherwise I guess I could just sit it un whatever cabinet I decide to buy.

Bronze Member
Username: Plato

Woodbury, NJ

Post Number: 31
I have a Martin Logan center channel and have the option of mounting it on the wall, but IMO it looks better on a low profile cabinet.
Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us