Audio output jacks, analog vs digital

Username: Reo

Post Number: 2
I want to connect the audio output jacks from a combo tv to a boom box. I want the sound to come out of larger bigger speakers. I have a system of 10 years, and the tv with analog audio outputs, in a educational display kiosk in an old flour mill, has been scrapped out. The combo tvs I find have coaxial audio outputs or digital audio outputs. Is the coaxial audio output analog? so I can just connect a new tv with coax, up to my boom box and it will work? Or what do i do with digital audio outputs to be compatible with my analog boom box audio inputs?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15391
You cannot connect digital audio outputs into analog inputs, there is no way around it.

Check closer if the TV actually has analog audio outputs...they are usually just left and right outputs. Digital is only one coaxial output that is color coded orange.

Post Number: 3
The tv has one orange output labeled "Coaxial Audio Out". My Radio Shack tells me it is analog. I have a Sanyo dvd player with a black output labeled "coaxial audio out" located under the red and white audio outs so it must be analog. A professional sound guy I know works full time in the field doing the sound for the college and he says the orange is analog. Now, I don't know who to believe. I haven't bought the tv yet. But I need analog.

Post Number: 4
I just found the answer to is digital, orange, yes. I found on line a manual that quoted the standardized color codes. It stated: "Coaxial digital audio output: RCA type jack (Orange)". That issue is finished.

I still need to find a combo tv with analog audio outputs, I have ordered 4, all have come up unavailable. Time to change the plan.

Thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us