How to absorb 7-10khz only?

Silver Member
Username: Bvan

Cape Town, Copenhagen,...

Post Number: 106
i've got high frequency(>8khz) hearing loss in my right ear, and was thinking of using the tone controls on my arcam to boost the trebel(7-10khz so arcam tell me).

The tone control cannot be applied to only one channel(can any amps do this?). So I obviously need to then kill this extra trebel on the left side somehow.

What acoustical treatments might target this freuency range and without absorbing much bellow 6khz?

I'm thinking maybe a very thin pile carpet, but i'm only guessing at what frequencies this might work.

Thanks very much for any input.

B.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 945
To tame down tweeters, some people use fabric felt, like the ones you see on a pool table, or thicker ones that you see on the bottom of kitchen chairs.

Glue some felt arround the tweeterlike a 2-3" dounut arround the tweeter, and see if that helps.

Bronze Member
Username: Willieman

PR USA

Post Number: 50

Silver Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 183
Hi friends...
Acoustic treatment is the development used to minimize the decibel level or wave meddling of a sound emitted from its source with deference to a receiver. The receiver can refer to a human, a responsive piece of technical tools, or recording tools in a studio.

Thanks for....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us