Video Conversion

Username: Fredflintstone

Post Number: 1
I have a big-screen TV with multiple inputs. One input is for component video in. The others take analog (composite) video or S-video. The input with component video will not accept any other video formats.

I have a home theater with multiple inputs and outputs, including analog, s-video, and component video.

I absolutely LOVE my home theater; the challenge is that it does not "convert" the video signals from one type to another. In other words, the video feed from my satellite box, which is s-video, doesn't exit the home theater via the component output, but rather via the s-video output.

For purely convenience sake, I'd love to have all my video feeds into the TV run through the TV's component input (so that I don't have to constantly change inputs on the TV).

Is there a reasonably priced converter/adapter that will allow me to convert the s-video from my satellite box so that I can plug it into the component video input in the home theater?

Alternately, I'd be willing to use a separate, external video switcher for ALL my video feeds (still trying to avoid having to change inputs on the TV whatsoever). This would require a video or AV switcher that could convert between video formats. I've found a couple online that are really expensive, but I'm looking for something fairly reasonably priced.

I'd love some help with this challenge (and not lectures about how much better component video is than S-video, etc. etc. etc. -- I'm aware of all that).

Thanks!!
-GS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us