(How) Can I convert A/V video to component?

David Coutts
Unregistered guest
Please forgive me if I'm using the wrong terms. I'm new to all of this.

My problem is that I just bought an HDTV that accepts component video. This is fine because my receiver (which everything runs to) outputs in component.

I have 2 problems:
1) There are only 2 component INPUTS into my receiver and I have 4 things I want to have run through it
2) 2 of my devices don't output in component video and my receiver can't take a std A/V connection and convert it to component for output

Obviously I'm looking for a way to run all these devices through my receiver. The only way I can see to do it is take 3 of the devices and run them into 1 component input. I also need this "switch" to convert 2 of my devices video from A/V (the yellow in the old yellow, white, red A/V cable) to component.

Is this possible? Is there a better way?

Please help!!

David Coutts
Unregistered guest
I've figured it out. It's called an upconverting. Looks like there are a number of receivers/amps that do it and 1 standalone product that I can find: The Marantz VQ2400 Video Format Converter http://us.marantz.com/Products/577.asp . The Marantz product is $350. I'm looking for more of the radioshack (<$100) version. If anyone knows of something for cheaper that can upconvert, please let me know. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us