Convert RCA output to speaker wire

I have a reciever that has multi source selection, except the second source gets channeled though an RCA (right/left) audio interface. How can I connect my ceiling speakers (that connect using speaker wire) to the RCA output of my reciever? I've look ever where online and can't find the answer.

Steven Engles
Your 2nd source (or Room 2 Output) is a "line" out and will need to be amplified in order to drive the ceiling speakers. If you have an old Stereo amp lying around you can use that. I am doing the same thing with my Yamaha & an old Sansui stereo receiver.

Does anyone know how to use a hifi as a amp if the hifi doesnt have a microphone socket?

Username: Gor

Post Number: 2
http://www.sonance.com/subs/product_details.php?product_id=149

6357t5rhfghbebtby45
Unregistered guest
Xavier, I'm trying to do the same thing as you but I have the RCA output coming from a DVD player. I figured the sound has to be amplified, and that splitting RCA-2-STEREO cable just won't cut it. I have tried it and the sound comes out, at the highest level, extremely quiet. There is DVD players around with a built in amplifier and speaker outlets on the back that come for as cheap as Australian $200. I have also checked out amplifiers and they come as quite expensive, ranging from about Australian $350 to Australian $800, which is quite expensive, but if you want to pay the price, then it's worth it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us