Help appreciated regarding electricity distribution

johnathon
Unregistered guest
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem relating to electricity.
I am absolutely terrible with it and just keep wondering where those good old fashioned men are who understand have disappeared to!!
Not that all new age guys and girls for that matter don't.

My problem is this.
I have recently bought an expensive new 2-track recorder.

In my manual it states - ensure that the voltage and frequency supplied to the machine agrees with the machine's power requirement printed on the connector panel/carton.

Now, the machines connector panel and carton state 220 volts and the ac adaptor plug (that has been supplied with the machine) states 250volts.

As these are 'kettle type' plugs (or at least in UK they are what many kettles use and hi-fi gear amps for that matter) I was unsure.

I was always under the impression that these were all the same.
I must have about 20 of these ac kettle adaptor type plugs around (most likely the kind that power your hi-fi amps as stated) and they all are 250v which is making me wonder whether they are 'safe'/covert the electricity somehow??

As stated, the kettle plug I've been supplied with states 250volts (just like all the others I have around) and machine says 220 so I am a bit concerned about powering it with the manual saying rather clearly to 'make sure' they match.

Anyone understand/have any suggestions on what action to take?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Johnathan

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4254

The plug simply states it is safe at voltages up to 250V. The amount of voltage that actually makes it into your unit will be determined by the amount of voltage available at the AC receptacle on the wall.

johnathon
Unregistered guest
ok, I get it perfectly. Thank you very much Jan. It's my countries voltage.
Much appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us