Monster PRO 3500 vs. HTS 3500

Bronze Member
Username: Marcuslee842

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 44
I bought the pro 3500 over the hts 3500 because I hear that the HTS 3500 may DEGRADE audio quality but its made for audio and video. I can't find any informative reviews for the Pro 3500 but it made for audio only. As far as I can tell they have the exact same rear layout (digital, high current etc) except the banks on the HTS says TV or monitor and in the same spot on the Pro it says analog. The Pro also has a digital voltometer and amperage meter instead of the analog like the hts(base hts model). I also have 2 voltage regulators that will be plugged in to the pro 3500. Can someone tell me their thoughts on this topic.

Bronze Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 21
Both the Monster pro 3500 and the hts3500 model are higher end power conditioners of excellent quality. To say that the pro 3500 is for audio only is somewhat misleading as they both have identical AC outlets rated up to 15A or 1800W so in effect it really does not matter what type of component is plugged into the outlets as long as it operates within the above mentioned power limits. Some of the inputs are labeled "high current" or digital in these cases some special filtration circuitry is used but they can handle any device connected to them. None of the Monster power conditioners will "degrade" performance of audio or video in any way. They actually do quite the opposite and improve the performance from slightly in some cases to dramatically in others, it just depends on the equiptment and setup and quality of AC signal in the installation. I use a Panamax 4300 line conditioner myself, which is not as good as the Monster 3500 but quite decent nonetheless and comparable to their lower end conditioners. E. Ramsey AAS industrial electronics.

Bronze Member
Username: Marcuslee842

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 47
Thanks! I thought they had the same outlets. So will the PRO 3500 have the same filters as the HTS 3500 or does the hts actually have a different filter for the TV/Monitor outlet? I believe the phone and coaxial protection and the HTS in front of the 3500 is what makes the price different.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us