Interconnect cable breakin period

Username: Edjim

Lewiston, Ny Us

Post Number: 1
I read in 'Frequently asked questions that cable breakin time is a myth,and unnecessary "difference is all in the mind" .
I have jps super2 interconnects and I definitely noticed huge diff after 35+ hours of breakin time...my salesmen and even Joe the owner of company(I spoke directly to him)highly reccomends breakin time..does anyone else believe in breakin time

Gary Wright
Unregistered guest
Every good quality cable I have ever owned has benefited from break-in.
I can only imagine that people who say otherwise are deluding themselves, probably to avoid paying what it (unfortunately) takes to get fine cables. It's like people who swear money isn't important to them -- it's a way of excusing the fact that they haven't very much of it.
In my experience, good cables are ludicrously over-priced, but nevertheless, they DO make a difference, and so does break-in.

Unregistered guest
This is the best thing I can say about cable "breaking in". This stuff is Bullshit.

see this: http://audioholics.com/FAQs/Audioquest.html

E.Ramsey
Unregistered guest
For the last time people, cables do not need a break-in period. Good cables, not necessarily expensive ones, will no doubt benefit a system,no argument. Wires and cables are fixed non-moving, passive devices. A new car should have a break-in period, but this is not needed for wires or interconnects. E. Ramsey AAS industrial electronics

E. Ramsey
Unregistered guest
Please explain to me scientifically, Gary Wright,how an expensive $300 cable presents an audible diffrence over a $30 monster cable. Like the ancient Chinese proverb goes"A fool and his money are soon parted" People who buy decent but inexpensive interconnects are smarter than smug fools who spend loads of cash on interconnects and speaker wire that have been scientifically proven time and time again to offer no real advantage other than fancy"jewelry" for your components. E. Ramsey AAs industrial electronics

Unregistered guest
"Joe the owner of company...highly reccomends [sic] breakin time"

Hmm...imagine that! And I bet the recommended break-in time is a few days longer than the time you have to return the cables.

Lester
Unregistered guest
Hmmm...
Lets not forget to slap some of these on while we're waiting for the cables to burn in.
http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Cod e=NOB_C37_C

Bronze Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 28
Hmmm. Wonder if I should get a shiny new wooden knob to replace my old worn-out one, as recommended (sincerely, I'm sure) by Lester? At $485 it seems such a bargain.

I believe that most loudspeakers require a break in period. Cables and interconnects - if there is an effect then it is far too subtle for science to detect, or for me to hear.

Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 1
Hey Diablo, the reason instruments or ears cannot detect "cable burn in" is because it does not exist. There is absolutely no scientific evidence that such a rediculous theory exists. See my postings in "To burn in cables works", I went to war over this. E.Ramsey AAS industrial electronics
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us