Component not better than S Vid - it's all hype: prove me wrong

Anonymous

I recently switched from AR S-video to Monster Component Video and honestly, my eyes cannot tell the difference. I have many friends that say the same thing. Is there something that I'm doing wrong ?? A function not being used ??

B.

johnm
Unregistered guest
Well, what is your source (dvd, hd signal, vcr) and what size and kind of tv are you using (20" tube - 60" HD)??

johnm
Unregistered guest
Well, what is your source (dvd, hd signal, vcr) and what size and kind of tv are you using (20" tube - 60" HD)??

Anonymous

50' Sony Grand Vega T.V. - Sony progressive scan dvd ... signal is very close ??

Help ?

B.

Unregistered guest
you can't tell the difference!? S-video isn't suposed to be much better than composite (yellow)...

Anonymous

The only real difference is the color and luminance. The sharpness of the image is relatively equal, but with component the colors are more vivid.

Username: Stevebrown

Post Number: 1
I have owned progressive scan DVD players for some time BUT just recently figured out you have to set them to progressive scan mode before you will see a difference AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MAKES!
One of my DVD player has a switch in the back to force it into progressive scan mode.
Another DVD player does it through a setup menu.
The long and short of this is that there won't be any difference until the DVD player it told to USE the progressive scan mode.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 46
IMO, the difference is less important while watching 480p DVDs. Component will be better, but it's not as glaringly obvious as it is compared with HD sources.

Try comparing component cables with S-vhs while watching a HD broadcast and the difference will be night and day.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us