Which cables do I use?

Username: Chop

South Africa

Post Number: 4
Hey guys,

Ive had my eye on the Denon AVR-1905 Receiver, Samsung HD937 DVD-Player, Panasonic PTAE700 Front Projector(with HDMI port). As for speakers Im still undecided. Im a complete newbie to home-theaters and was wondering which cables I should use throughout the system?
The salesman who helped me recommended I use HDMI throughout because the projector has an HDMI port and I think the DVD Player has DVD-out Is this possible? I dont think the receiver even supports HDMI.
Some other people I spoke to recommended RGB throughout. What do I do? :/

Thanks a lot!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2142
Don't bother putting the receiver into the equation.
If the DVD player has an HDMI output use it, if not you have to RGB from the DVD player to your Panasonic.

Username: Chop

South Africa

Post Number: 5
Assuming then I use HDMI between the DVD Player and Panasonic, what cable should I use between the DVD Player and receiver? Does it have to be HDMI aswell if I used it between the player and projector or will RGB suffice?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2148
The thing with HDMI is that I believe it also transmits audio signals. Unless your receiver accepts HDMI, then you should use the digital audio cable coming out of your dvd player into your receiver.
However, RGB from your dvd player to your Panasonic will suffice. Just use the digital audio cable from your dvd player to your receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us