Mark

Username: Mark1

Post Number: 6
Seeking low-to-mid priced remote control that can operate all three devices.

1) Hardest component to emulate is my 5-year old Pioneer DVD Receiver with surround sound speaker system XV-HTD510.

2) Sony CD/DVD Player NS975V.

3) Panasonic Plasma TH-42PX25.

Advice from this community is greatly appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4164

Find a learning remote. Key in the functions you want duplicated from the individual, separate remotes and you're in business. Learning remotes start around $35. "All in One" is a good brand.

Post Number: 8
Thanks. I was hoping to get something that's preprogrammed. I've wasted a lot of time already. Maybe I can contact Pioneer directly.

Thanks Jan.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4176

A learning remote often has codes installed. You use the learning portion if the codes don't cover the specific functions you need. Learning remotes that make you copy all functions are a pain in the rump! Try the All in One.

Post Number: 9
Just tried the All-in-One last night.

More headaches.

I have a Pioneer surround sound receiver/tuner/dvd/cd player bundled device, and looking for universal remote that can emulate its features, plus support my Panasonic TH-42PX25 plasma TV, and separate Sony DVP-NS975V DVD player.

Tried programming the All-in-One URC8910. It works good for the Panasonic TV.

But it cannot adequately support the Sony device (doesn't even have a disc eject button, can't fast forward, rewind).

And none of the Pioneer codes work! Ugghh.

Thanks Jan for the attemp.

Does anyone know a better universal remote manufacturer (without getting one of those OTT handheld computers)?

-Mark

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4204

Mark - Is the All in One you purchased a learning remote?

Post Number: 10
It can learn 4 functions (4 for each device), sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Somewhat helpful for the Sony DVD player. Not helpful at all for the Pioneer receiver, because the unit is not recognized by any booklet codes.

Plus, what happens when batteries die, programming resets?

I'm guessing the only way to approach this problem is to get a remote that can learn ALL functions on each individual remote. But, really not interested in spending hours doing all that. Was hoping an all-in-one manufacturer could do that for me!

Thanks for all your messages :-)

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 469
Lots fo mulah to have one pre-programmed.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4215

I don't think you're understanding how to program the remote. I've not seen a learning remote that can only accept four commands per unit. The remote I own can have every button learn a function from each remote. When I switch to DVD, every button is now commanding the DVD functions. When I switch to satellite, every button is commanding the satellite functions. But, if you don't want to spend the time programming the remote, I guess that doesn't matter.

Unregistered guest
Hey..

I have a URC8910..
the manual does say that only the 4 L buttons are programmable, but in fact all of the buttons are.. I had a CD-I player and I took about 20 minutes and transferred every code to the AIO. =)

Bruce M.
Unregistered guest
oh, and also, replacing batteries (or leaving them out forever) will not cause you to lose your programmed data... it is actually a really good remote.. and if it won't catch codes the first time from a device, change the angle and/or distance slightly and it will usually get it. I have yet to find a remote it does NOT work with..

Bruce M.
Unregistered guest
ONE MORE THING.

(sorry)

If you're technically inclined, the remote can be programmed via the JP1 interface. (google it) You can download code bases for it online..

Unregistered guest
If you want an easy to use, easy to set up remote, try the Logitech Harmony 659. All you do is connect it to your PC, tell it what models you have, answer a few quwstion about how you watch TV and such and your done, no programming complicated macros and such. Hope this helps.

www.digitalhsolutions.com/Logitech/Harmony_Remotes.html
www.digitalhsolutions.com

Username: Bertmerc

Oakdale, CT USA

Post Number: 1
Mark,

Have you investigated the Remote Control Consolidator (#CP-73358) from "www.hammacher.com"?

-Bert
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us