I need ideas for room treatment please

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, MI USA

Post Number: 12421
OK I posted this in the wrong area before, not realizing this section was here, so I'll try this again:

A bit about me:
I'm an engineer, and MECP master mobile audio installer, but for home room treatment, I'm a novice. I also do cabinetry so building my own panels and so forth is a preferred option.

I'd like to find a way to treat the following room, as it's a "bonus room" over the garage of the home I'm looking to purchase. The speakers in the ceiling in the photos are already there, but not my stuff.
I plan to use an Onkyo TX-NR906 receiver to drive:
KEF 104/2 Reference mains
Pinniacle P5.5 center
Polk FXi3 surrounds and rears (7.1)
Energy e:XL-S12 sub
with the center and Polks on stands, not ceiling mounted.

I need ideas for materials to cover the frames with for sound absorbing panels on the angled ceiling and lower side walls etc, ideas for corner treatments, and so forth. Thanks.
In short, I want this room to work well for audio (music 2.0 and AV 7.1) What do I need to do to the room?

Upload

Upload

Upload

thanks for any help!

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1763
I don't see the beer fridge....

Okay, not exactly what you were asking but for DIY bass traps I took R-30 Fiberglass, peeled off the paper and rolled them into drums with about an 8" opening in the core. I then stacked them 4 high and covered them with a fabric. Wear long sleeves, a painters mask, and eye covering when working with them.

My other main DIY room treatment is my shelves of record albums stacked randomly for dispersion of sound.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, MI USA

Post Number: 12423
yeah I've worked with glass.. good tips

I like the vinyl idea haha I have TONS of vinyl going up there anyway may as well put it to use

I have a minifridge. it'll go in when I get the place lol

Bronze Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 96
I read you post. This is informative and helpful..
Extremely attractive! I like this one it looks simple yet effective...
Thanks For...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us