Speaker wire connectors?


Unregistered guest
On my speakers set it looks to me like the only way to connect the speaker wire is bare wire leads. The connectors on floor speakers are a twist top with a hole in the post for wrapping the bare leads. My center channel has a crimp type of connector. Is there some type of connector that works with this post other than bare wire leads?

New member
Username: Djflannel

Crofton, Maryland United State...

Post Number: 5
Registered: Oct-04
I have a similar issue, with brand new PA \-DJ speakers- speakers are 1000watts a piece and can only be hooked up via 1/4" speakerwire connections. I want to hook the speakers up to my amplifier which only accepts bare wire leads. I believe this is ok, i just want to make sure- Couldn't I cut off one end of the 1/4" speaker cable, strip the insulation, and use the bare wire like a lead? I do not see anything wrong with this, if there is, please inform.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us