A few monster cables: your experience

Bronze Member
Username: 1st61

Post Number: 16
I am waiting for my system (not high end) and have not tested these cables yet. I bought them and can return them within 30 days.

I need a digital audio cable, either coaxial or optical. I bought the follwing three audio cables but will keep only one. If the S-Video cable can bring higher quality picture over my composite cable I will keep it too (my DVD does not have a component )

ULT I1000DCX-8 Ultra Digital Coax 1000 (8 feet)
The store does not have the 4 feet one but this cost $59, $41 less than the $100 regular price (4 feet one priced at $70 in all online stores).

THX I100 FO-4 THX certified Fiber Optic Digital $19

THX I100 DCX-4 THX certified Digital Coax $20

And another S-video cable
THX V100 SV-4 THX certified S-Video $19

This is my first HT system and I canot make any comparison of this and others. I think it's OK to spend $20 or less on a cable that connects DVD, TV and receivers. $59 is too much. There are a lot of discussion on monster cables but most of them are made by people who did not make comparisons. So experiences from guys who have tested multiple system and various cables, especially the above 4, are really appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: 1st61

Post Number: 22
FYI
I tried the THX V100 SV-4 THX certified S-Video and it does make the video a little brighter over the composite video cable. I had to go to the back of the TV and DVD player to do the unplug and plug things so I did not notice the picture within a second. This made the comparison a little hard. It won't make the video more crispy or more clear.

By defination: S-Video separates the luminance and color signals and provides better picture quality than composite video.

Maybe this can explain it. Do you agree?

Unregistered guest
My main question would be if a Monster Ultra Compent cable is that much better than the lower end Monster component cable? the ultra is 3 times the price!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us