XM or Sirius: The Great Debate

Username: Elusive_peanut

Knoxville, TN

Post Number: 5
So which company is the best? They both have different products and content and it is always good to know what people think of the service.

I have XM and I think it is great.

Fav channels:
202 - Opie and Anthony
66 - Raw (rap, uncut..)
47 - Ethel (alternative)
150 - Comedy (24/7 standup, unedited)
165 - Ask (talk, financial, home improvement,ect)
71 - Watercolors (Modern Jazz, great stuff)

Username: Tehkrapht

Texas USA

Post Number: 6
I only listen to rock and classic country. XM's rock stations suck, and the country stations are only OK.

I do like the Comedy station though! :-)

Drunk Mic
Unregistered guest
Opie and Anthony on XM 200 are shoinw everyone why they will be bigger and better than Mr. Howard Stern in the new world of Sattelite Radio.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2316
I also have XM. I was considering switching to Sirius, however. XM dropped five of their better channels this December to play Christmas music because they were too cheap to buy more bandwidth. One of those stations was my favorite, Channel 82-The System (electronica). Because only three stations are pure electronica, the other two are very offset in their programming. Sirius already has five electronica stations....

I also liked that portable Sirius unit with the color screen and mp3/wma playback. It would beat my XM2Go for sure...

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2848
Sirius is better

Username: Jenna930

Post Number: 2
I definatly prefer XM's stations, and most of their product line up, however....
Last year when the DPI SA1011311p1 (MyFi) came out, I bought it, and was highly disappointed. I've played around with the compairable sirius units, and have found them to be a bit more reliable.

Username: Doug_b

Post Number: 8
"Sirius is better"

Wow, that's a really great argument there. Care to elaborate on WHY they're better ? I probably wouldn't have XM at all if it weren't for Opie And Anthony. And Howard Turd, definitely woudln't make me do anything more than think that Satellite radio is a waste of money.

In any case, I'm beginning to think that XM's rock stations suck pretty badly, but I'm waiting until I can spend more time with it before saying for sure.

Inkman15
Unregistered guest
I have XM and love it. They definitely have a nice broad range of music available and O&A are better than Howard is.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5337
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/197099.html

I believe XM will prevail over "the little doggy company" lol

O&A party ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Fdny071

Post Number: 1
Opie and Anthony are the best i got XM because of them and my radio never leaves 202

O&A PARTY ROCK

RAMONE TELL HOWARD HE SUCKS

Silver Member
Username: Frankthetank

Post Number: 110
have XM and I think it is great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
202 - Opie and Anthony

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
66 - Raw (rap, uncut..)

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
47 - Ethel (alternative)

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
150 - Comedy (24/7 standup, unedited)

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
165 - Ask (talk, financial, home improvement,ect)

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
71 - Watercolors (Modern Jazz, great stuff)

Bronze Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 66
I have sirius in the store that I work playing all the time, and I have xm myself. I sell both. When it comes down to it, they both play the same music. However, if you like sports, or talk radio, than you have to choose.

Username: Laauwe

Nj Us

I have Sirius, Howard is great (2 channels)... good country..Rock is just o.k.....NFL cause it`s great to follow all teams on sunday for the pools an what-not...they sound close. Heard they might merge.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4333

quote:

When it comes down to it, they both play the same music. However, if you like sports, or talk radio, than you have to choose.

Yep! If there is a particular genre one likes, then it might make a difference if they try out the potential stations they'll be listening to to be sure as well.

Username: Pfeels

Who do you like, Opie & Anthony or Howard Stern ...

And also consider this

XM all baseball and basketball

Sirius all football and NASCAR

hmmm, who does hockey?

Music is the same on both, don't let anyone BS you

Bronze Member
Username: S_dot

United States

Post Number: 91
Sirius is hands down better than XM. They have Howard Stern and lets face it, there's no O & A without Howard Stern. Those two nut cases returning to terrestrial radio proves how much of a failure they were to XM. They added hardly no new subscribers so XM allowed them to go back to FM radio to try and sell subscribtions. HS on the other hand joined Sirius who at the time had some 500,000 subscribers and was basically a dieing company and added almost 5 million more subscribers. Yes thats right HOWARD STERN is the king and he single handedly took Sirius on his back, saved the company, and by the second quarter of 2007 Sirius will have more subscribers than XM. Sirius also has exclusive NFL and NHL broadcasting rights. They share basketball rights with XM and at the end of this year XM gets exclusive rights to baseball. Everyone be smart and buy Sirius.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7097
where do you get your fact's from because they are all WRONG! go look up # of subscribers of each and you will see. XM just surpassed 7 million subs and sirius has 3.3 million. XM just signerd Hockey and the world series. One company will prevail at the end and it will be XM not the doggy company!

Silver Member
Username: S_dot

United States

Post Number: 126
3.3 million? try 5.1 million at the end of the last quarter with the release of the stiletto the days of xm are numbered my friend.. they signed hockey, thats funny cuz i listen to hockey all the time on sirius.. also it doesnt really matter what xm does because sirius has one thing xm could never match.. in one word.. HOWARD!!!

Post Number: 2
XM's days are numbered, Sirius for the first time is out pacing XM by a 3 to 1 margin ... You must be another Opey & Anthony guy, what are there now in your club, 4 of you's ... DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON XM, you'll be switching over to Sirius or wanting to in the very near future ...

PS Howard Sterns Radio show is a riot, I laugh all day ... best $12.89 I spend a month

Post Number: 3
Opps, it's $12.95 a month and the 3.3 million is january 06, numbers they are at 4.6 mill today and are signing on 6,000 a day so the projection is 5 to 6 mill in the next 6 months ...

NHL Hockey is moving to XM, Nascar is coming to Sirius, So again it's what your taste are ... I'm a Stern fan so my choice is Sirius, ANYWAY you can't go wrong when going over to satillite, it's just great...

Underdog To Win Satellite Battle?

by Sven LL Rafferty on March 7, 2005 at 11:53 am A· Comments
Categorized by News / Related Information

It's been a wild boxing match between the two satellite radio providers in the last year and while XM won the first round by being first to transmit, it seems that was XM's only big hit. Sirius gave a mighty blow of its own last year when it announced that it would be getting Howard Stern and allowing the potty mouth DJ to say whatever he wanted. Sirius continued with what worked and got a great uppercut in the last week by stealing NASCAR from XM, its pride and joy.

And now continuing to drive home more hard-hitting punches, Sirius announced that it will be installed in Mitsubishi cars and trucks. This adds to the long list of automobiles equipped with Sirius such as Audi, BMW, DaimlerChrysler, Ford, Nissan, and Toyota. With the first six months being free and no activation fee, XM has to be wondering if Honda and GM will be enough to keep it in the lead.

Isn't it great to see an underdog potentially win the fight?

Post Number: 4
Damn, as I research I find some of it wrong, The NHL is Sirius ...

Hope all this helps ...

If sports programming interests you most, Sirius has the edge with exclusive broadcasting rights for NFL, NBA, English soccer, NASCAR (starting in January 2007) and both NCAA football and basketball. But XM satellite radio currently carries the rights to broadcast Major League Baseball. College sports coverage on XM includes PAC 10, Big Ten and€C conferences. XM has an all-golf station with PGA coverage. Both XM and Sirius cover the National Hockey League, but Sirius will soon have the exclusive.

Post Number: 5
The sad thing in all of this is that some XM users use the fact that Sirius has Howard Stern, like this is some kind of childish reason to knock arguably the best radio show personality in radio history (numbers don't lie and O & A have never been close to Sterns following) ... If you don't like Stern then you have never listen long enough to understand who and what he stands for, for those of us who are fans we know Howard to be a caring honest man doing a Adult Comedy show, nothing more nothing less ... Leave out the childish hatred of Stern and I'll forget that O & A need to keep it going to help get them any attention ... O & A moved back to FM, WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU!

If you don't understand Howard's show just listen for 3 weeks, you'll get it after that ... If not then sure, hate a guy you never took the time to understand ...

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10484
So who is winning the satellite radio battle in terms of market share? Well, currently XM has 7.1 million subscribers to Sirius's 5.1 million. But, who will be winning after the holiday season and into next year? The number of people visiting both Sirius.com and XMRadio.com can be used as a proxy for the future market share of each product. Historically, each site has received similar amounts of people per month, indicating an equal level of consumer interest in both brands. Interesting to note, last month, at the height of the 2006 Holiday shopping season XM and Sirius experienced their largest differential in site traffic ever! While XM skyrocketed past the 1.4 million mark, Sirius hovered to 1.1 million.

When Sirius signed Howard Stern as their marquee radio personality in 2004 they did so with the expectation that he would boost subscriber numbers and thus gain market share on XM. While the signing of Stern definitely increased subscribers, it is clear now, 2 years later, that XM remains the industry leader. With 2 million more subscribers and 350,000 more people visiting their site in September, 2007, it appears the XM's number one status is secure.

This is from a very high rated magazine!

Post Number: 6
Total BS, XM is bleeding BIG TIME and unless the merger goes through it won't survive, just do a Google NEWS Search with XM or Sirus in the search bar ...

This is from TODAYS NEWS

"XM finished the second quarter with 8.25 million subscribers, while Sirius had just over 7 million, but Sirius has been growing at a faster pace for seven straight quarters."

Sirius is one of the fastest growing companies in the market place

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10493
lolol it has 1,250,000 more subscribers and your still defending it? your a douchebag! Stay with your little doggy company!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us