Its the time of the season

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 279
Well I'm off the Washington DC area for a few days to catch up with some old friends, and new ones as well. While Mrs. Sem and I are there, we're going to take in a night of nostalgia. We're going to see the '60s greats The Zombies at a smallish theater near DC. Should be a blast.

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 884
Enjoy Mr & Mrs Sem, though I hope your night of nostalgia doesn't turn into The Night Of The Living Dead :-)

Silver Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 177
Safe trip, Sem. Remember bring 96/24 tape recorder for hi rez bootleg ;-)

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 280
A good time was had, The Zombies were great even though no "undead" were seen. :-)

After the show I had to mop up Mrs. Sem as she parked herself at the stage, directly in front of Colin Blunstone and prceeded to melt everytime he opened his mouth to sing.

Also appearing before the Zombies was Love, With Arthur Lee, a 60's psychedelic rock band. They totally blew the audience away as they played for a full two hours. To many there The Zombies (the headline act) were a letdown after Love finished up. Still all in all I felt the Zombies were very good. We picked up their newly released cd, "As Far As I Can See" at the show, had it autographed, then listened to it twice during the 5 hour drive home the next day. Although it will most likely never be released in hi-res, its a pretty darn good album nonetheless. And it proves, to me anyway, that Rod Argent was born to write songs for Colin Blunstone to sing. What a team.

Sodastream
Unregistered guest
Check this out : http://pafpaf.org/article.php3?id_article=208

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 333
Sodastream,
Thanks for the link. Since my ability to speak/read French is about on par with my Klingon, I had to use Babblefish to translate. It was a nice review of the classic 36 year old album that was more popular after the Zombies disbanded than while they were promoting it.

These guys are not to be missed as they put on a most enjoyable show. Blunstone's wispy, atmospheric vocals contrast perfectly with Argent's mastery of the Hammond organ on songs both old and new.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us