Favorite WORST movies

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2175
Over on the 'great movie' thread, lots of movies get good / bad reviews.

This thread is all about the Worst movie you CAN'T live without.
I'm talking BAD. So bad that even star-power couldn't save it. So bad that you gotta' love it.

My first contribution?

'Battlefield Earth'. John Travolta and Forest Whitaker. Now this is bad stuff. I can think of 2 reasons for Travolta's involvement. Somebody wrote him a BIG check. Kept adding zeros until he said yes. The other reason maybe true. Travolta is a Scientologist as is L.Ron Hubbard, the alledged author.

As bad as this movie doubtless is, I watch it when it comes on. Travolta's over the top evil and the rest of the hapless cast just kills me. I laugh at the wrong times. Learning to fly Harriers from simulators? And then the darn things still WORK? Pretty wacky.

Anyway, since every movie you like isn't good, and every movie you don't like isn't bad, I'd like you to chip in with what whatever movie you like that you know is otherwise awful stuff.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24473
By far it has to be "Cool as Ice". Vanilla Ice's attempt at extending his 15 minutes. Bad everything. Script, acting, you name it, it blew. You can readily find epic failures of clips of it on Youtube.

Gang rolls into a small town perched upon fast motorcycles led by Mr. Ice himself. The wardrobe is 2 inches above hysterical even for the time the movie came out. Eventually his path runs across a woman on a horse which he tries to impress by jumping his bike over a wooden fence. After all that works with all the babes right?

Even as tacky a beginning that is it's outdone by the fact that this upper class woman actually falls for this BS approach.

Man with a wedge hairdo who always wears shades, wearing circus apparel, leader of a gang, no job yet sports tons of "bling", speaks like a 13 year old wanna be "gangsta" is wooing the leading lady?

Lol, ok I watch because it's so far off what this producer intended that it becomes a comedy instead of a love story/rap video. The movie was so obviously intended to jolt his failing career as a white hip hop star due to the never ending rap montages that lace it.

On our scale? Since he cool as ice I'd have to give it a 5.........below zero.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16713
Battlefield Earth'

x2

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16714
im going to look for cold as ice on netflix just to see how bad it is haha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16715
by the way its cool as ice and netflix has it time for me to watch it since its on the streaming option

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24475
Yeah the maker of that vid got the title wrong. It's "Cool as Ice". Lol, enjoy I suppose.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16716
Wow that was a really good movie. I give it a 8 out of 10....just kidding paul

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24477
Were ya left with a sense of awe??!!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16736
it wsant the worst movie ive seen lol and no i wasnt left with a sense of awe at all.....nine deaths of the ninja was one of my all time worst

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16737
and the movie open water...i paid 2 bucks to see it and i was like somebody should pay me to watch this

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2179
Any fans of Karate movies?

How about 'Master of the Flying Guillotine'?
Good version of revenge movie in which a bad guys kills 'master' and the student wipes out the world.
The title move is classic.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16756
im a karate fan.....let me see if netfllix has this

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16757
they have it as mail order only but i put it in position 1 for when i send reversal of fortune back

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2181
Wow, Sean, I'm impressed. What a risk taker!
You won't be disappointed. Really awful movie! But, if you like the ChopSockey Genre, 'Master....' is a good one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_the_Flying_Guillotine

Tarantino LOVES this movie. Go Figger.

HINT to all movie fans. Buy and KEEP Maltin Guides. In this case neither my 2009 or my 1988 Maltin lists this movie. Sometimes movies are dropped from the guide since they limit themselves to maybe 1200 pages or so. I also have a '91 and I think I have a early 2000's kicking around here somewhere.

I need to buy an 'updated' guide. 2012, anyone?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16763
well if its that awefull ill take it off my list......i thought you were saying it got a bad rap but it was good

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2182
Tarantino LOVES it. Part of 'Kill Bill' ancestry.
Did you enjoy Kill Bill?

I like it, but don't think its a 'great' movie. Dubbing is wacky bad.

If YOU like the Karate / Chop /Socky typ movie, you'll dig this. The tital bad guy is really nasty. And the title special effect? Not up to todays standards, but will give you a butt clench, anyway.

What'cha got to lose?

Do you like Woody Allen? If so, get 'What's up Tiger Lily?' Allen BOUGHT an entire japanese spy movie. he dubbed his own dialogue which is REally funny. He turns it into a search for the perfect egg salad recipe! Not to miss:: Teri and Suki ....the Yaki sisters!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24484
Gonna throw a twist in this thread........lol...................

I have to throw in here "Brokeback Mountain".

I have to say I never saw the film before buying it and truthfully didn't know the story, only knew it won awards. That aside my take on the film as a "straight" guy is one of two roads. I admit the story is so relevant in today's world and so many can relate to it's message but I just wasn't ready for the visual side lol. Such beautiful scenery in the film it makes you watch, then the bomb drops. After that it forces you to take sides with yourself.

I watched the rest and didn't regret it but it's a film that I don't want my own kids to see, ever. Sorry if that sounds homophobic but I have my views on homosexuality and want my kids to grow up as nature intended them to.

Off to bed for the night.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16765
I watched brokeback mountain up to that scene and turned it off after i realized what was happening

Bronze Member
Username: Jim1987

Post Number: 15
I watched I split on your Graves.Its a really bad movie.Some times I closed my eyes and some times my ears.But I completed that movie.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2342
That's the spirit Jim! So bad it hurts to watch....but you do anyway!

Try:: Hercules and the Captive Women.

Really, really BAD. And not a SINGLE name in the cast you will recognize.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24777
Here's another addition:

"Hercules in New York"

Arnold's break out movie. If you've seen it you'd agree. It may still be available on Hulu, where I saw it first. A 70's "B" movie with bad everything. Still though, I stayed and watched lol.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2343
Most people don't know that Arnie ALSO had a role as bad guy in an episode of 'Streets of San Francisco'...playing a muscle guy who commits a bad crime.
At that point in his career, Arnie barely spoke enough English to order a hooker from Room Service.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24779
Which apparently he isn't above today lol.

Ahhhhhh......... what's with those with $$ and power? Must they ALWAYS stray from the norm, or is the "norm" changing?

Dammit when you have a beautiful thing you keep it! Today's world teaches you to toss it, like a pair of underwear, for the next pair.

Soon nobody will know what 50 years with a loved one means.....or feels. (#$#!@!##@$!^!#$ shame really). Through sickness and health, to death do us part. That's not part of today's morals. Especially in the celebrity world lol.

They will NEVER know the absolute beautiful feeling of waking up next to the very same woman/man you loved for so long and honestly say to yourself "I would do it all over again". That, IMO was trashed in the late 70's early 80's.

2 years with him or 3 years with her...........is for the garbage. Just like life, it's how much you love it that determines how long you enjoy it.

My grandparents survived long enough to enjoy a 65th wedding anniversary. Of course a first time marriage for both. My grandfather in the war. REGARDLESS of circumstances throughout their marriage they stuck through it together. Hard times, no money, 4 kids, ect. I remember vividly my grandma telling me how she would make a dinner out of nothing but flour, water and an open fire, just to keep the family fed that day.

It's crap like that which makes me super thankful that I have central air and a microwave to nuke my food when needed. Cause my ancestors didn't, and they got by, why couldn't I?

Instead of all these "reality shows" showing ppl doing stupid sh1t why not have a show where ppl live like the did years ago? Be it 90's, 50's, ect?

Oh crap. Paul feels the presence of major corporate execs steeling this idea right out from underneath me, as usual.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2345
'The Simple Life' meets 'The Village'.

I get it. Even the Amish have phones today....not in the house, but outside. They also will have a generator for a deep freeze. The most hi-tech fundamentalist group of all time were the Shakers. The have many inventions to there credit from the letterman sweater to flat broom to circular saw. The most famous? The Screw Ball. I'll let you look that one up. Later gave its name to a sub-genre of comedy movie.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2346
For fans of Ed Wood, you MUST see::

Plan 9 From Outer Space. classic stuff

Glen or Glenda? No description could possibly do this justice.

Username: Jennifersahara

Woodbridge, Ontario Canda

Post Number: 2
Tree of Life is best my favorite movie of the year and a little help is worst movie of the year!

Now waiting for upcoming release

Username: Nevecelvin123

Post Number: 3
My fav worst film would be Piranha3DD, it was Horrible.

Username: Letitia

Post Number: 3
My fav worst movie would be Piranha3DD.

Username: Kalajj

Post Number: 1
My fav movie is Fury, worst is .....so much!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3241
How the heck did ANYONE convince Johnny Depp to make Mortdecai?

Beyond AWFUL.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3489
Some of the RECENT (last 4 or 5 years) 'Shark' movies are really bad but so funny I can't miss 'em.

Toxic Shark? Spews some vile green stuff more toxic than Wasabi and is really aggressive.

Santa Jaws? Seasonal entertainment run Amok. A shark with a Christmasy sense of humor.

Any other takers?

Username: Alexajohnson01

Well my favorite movies is Avengers, which I watch several times.
The Shark movies like Piranha 3DD really horrible. Even I get scared easily. Movie Streaming applications are not available for easily,I take lot of pain to watch it.
If you have any windows version to watch the movies for free.Please do share it. http://showbox-windows.com/

Username: Dianne_ott

I went into the apartment with my school sweetheart (destined to be my better half) and a cluster of folks were looking out for the Top. She could hardly imagine how these school folks were truly into this film . She at that point could hardly imagine how I would not run any place with her and that I remained with them to complete the process of watching it! This truly is a terrible film, however there's something about observing a person drink a cluster of engine oil just to prepare to toss down for a wrestling match. Totally crazy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us