Archive through July 10, 2010

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 13915
Its been so long since I saw good will hunting I dont remember what I thought of it

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22703
Then it didn't leave a mark on you then.

Films that influence are never forgotten.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22704
Then it didn't leave a mark on you then.

Films that influence are never forgotten.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2708
Avatar has been done before..............from 1992

FernGully: The Last Rain Forest

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22705
Lol, nicely done.

Hard to believe Avatar was 15 years in the making. James Cameron wanted to wait until the technology existed to pull off on screen what he wanted. The original script was started back in the 90's after Titanic, with actual filming starting several years ago.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 576
I was at Sam's Club earlier today and saw a set-up they had for Avatar. They had a 55" Samsung 1080P LED tv playing the movie on Blu-Ray. Wow was the picture amazing. I don't think I've ever seen such a great picture on a tv before. Wish I could afford one.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22707
Just watched "The Breakfast Club" and "Heathers" tonight. I so badly wanted to pick up "Pump up the Volume" but Target didn't have it. Oh well I guess.

We all keep truckin' I suppose.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1094
Shawn::
A LOT of what passes for HD on broadcast / small dish TV is really compressed. Might have started as HD, but is not really that much better than a good, upsampled DVD.
What you saw in the store was THE REAL DEAL.

The Best HD on TV is , IMO, either the news, like who cares? or Sports. And LIVE sports, at that. Baseball in my house is like looking thru a clean window. Golf, can be awesome, too.

Of course, the superbowl was sent from the stadium UNCOMPRESSED...full data stream, which got stepped on badly at every downstream distributor. By the time it made it to my screen, it just looked OK.

BANDWIDTH costs $$$$

I may have some trouble with Avatar, but the visual part of it and effects kill.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1560
Avatar blu ray is about 43gb. I can assure you it looks amazing lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22711
My DVD player that I have running my projector went on me this past weekend, right in the middle of my kids watching Avatar. So I grabbed another player I had just so they could finish the movie. Wouldn't you know the player I swapped it with would only display black and white on my projector?? Strangest thing. It's a Phillips player too so it wasn't a cheap one. I had to use my PS3 as a last resort. Thinking about replacing the bum player with a blu ray player. They've come down in price a good bit. I'm just not happy with blu ray prices when it comes to movies yet. They too are coming down but they still hover around $30 or so.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1561
Why not just use your ps3 as the blu ray player? It is a good player - even CNET rates it on the top for its blu ray capabilities.

Although I have not yet used the PS3 as a blu ray player, I am sure it will be just as good, if not better, than buying another one.

On the plus side - you/ or your kids can play the ps3 games on the projector! Now thats awesome lol

I can't wait till I move to hook up a projector in the basement.

Bronze Member
Username: Bud_gld

Post Number: 13
Dont stop there with the ps3 buy a wireless router. Now bam u have a huge monitor. Ps3 has a good browser with flashplayer and divx built right in. U now can surf the internet and hit sites like www.movies-links.tv

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1096
Paul,
do you have a combined audio /HT system?
If so, the OPPO is the only 1 box solution worth considering.
If I were doing a system right now, the '83SE would replace both my CA840c and my OPPO upsampler. The 981, I think.

I don't know how the PS3 compares to the current crop of sub-300$ players, but at the start of BR, it was certainly on the short list. There is also upsampling capability and can it play other media? I make picture DVDs for TV slideshows, for example.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22714
I'm not connecting my PS3 up to my projector for several reasons. One is that my projector is about 25' in wire run from my PS3 and I'm not sure if they make the appropriate cable in the length I need for it. Two is I don't want to tax my PS3 more than I have to. Seeing as I'm a movie buff I can see myself wearing it out prematurely lol. I already surf the web on it through my wireless router from time to time but don't see a need for that luxury. A simple Blu ray player is my best direction IMO.

Side note on using a projector for gaming: Not advisable. Projectors aren't cheap and neither are the bulbs. I'm loathing the day mine goes because I've priced them and seen $150+ price tags. The projector is for movies only for me lol. My widescreen tv is plenty big for gaming.

Leo, my HT does indeed use the same audio gear as my stereo. Currently I have my S-video line from the DVD player going to the projector. THAT cable was relatively cheap in the length I needed. The audio out from the player goes to my receiver, which the sub out line connects to my 1000w sub.

All in all I have 7 speakers in my setup powered by a 500w receiver and my 1000w plate amp on my sub.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 589
Speaking of gaming on a big screen, back in the day I had a 62" Samsung DLP tv and I used to hook my computer up to it and play WoW through it and the surround sound. It was cool for a bit.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22723
God I feel old remembering playing Atari on a 13" tv, and loving it. In my Aunt's gameroom, and loving it all.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1102
Paul, You're still using an 'S' connection? Why? You must have some legacy gear.
Even I am using all HDMI for video while sound is all unbalanced.

IF you listen to much music I'd sure look into the one universal player worth it's moniker. The OPPO is on my 'short list' for Christmas. For me at least, rack/cabinet space is at sort of a premium so combining a dedicated CD player with a DVD / BR player can be justified.

I live within driving distance (good hike, though) of Discount Merchants so when my lamp popped in my Sony SXRD display, I was able to pick up an original Philips lamp w/housing and have the set up and running in a day. I saved the old lamp housing so I only need by the lamp next time and can have a spare ready to go. Original lamp went over 7500 hours!

PONG FOREVER!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1563
lol.

What do you guys have for all time greatest horror movies?

I've seen a lot - but about 90% are crap and not really scary.

Some that I do like are
The Exorcist
Exorcism of Emily Rose
Bram Stoker's Dracula - umm maybe? lol
The Shining
Nightmare on Elm Street - 1st time it got me. Second time I laughed throughout the movie.
Childs Play - I dunno why - but I really digged this movie when I was younger.

Whats your guys favorites?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1564
o and I guess you can add Paranormal Activity - although it could have been scarier IMO.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22727
Well my projector only supports RCA , S-video or PC connections. It's an older Infocus DLP model but works well for me and my kids. I'm not sure if they make an HDMI cable suitable for me but I suppose in today's world they must. I picked it up used from someone here on E so I got a good deal. The unit "states" the bulb hours used at 205 but that can't be right. I've had it for several years now and watch at least 2-3 movies a week on it. There's nothing like a 100" screen lol.

One dedicated player for all? Never considered it. I have many components and truthfully I suppose I'm stuck in the 90's. I still have and use an external graphic EQ, dual tape deck as well as my receiver and multi disc cd player. Add my PS3, Wii, satellite box, DVD player, VHS(yes I still have one of those) and DVR I am loaded lol. It's also a wiring nightmare behind it all. I'd love a rack system to organize it all but don't have the vertical space for all my components. My units are currently on a shelves under my projector screen.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22728
Horror? Wasn't much into the genre. As a youth Friday the 13th series always shook me up. Halloween is a classic too. Exorcist is a huge hit with EVERY horror film lover. Nightmare series was always more funny to me than scary lol.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 352
I dont know what it was,but Children of the corn and Christine always scared the chit outta me when i was little. Maybe because i lived near a corn field and my step dad had a Fury,lol.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1103
The Exorcist has to be one of the scariest of ALL time.
Is The Omen considered horror? That one scared me, too.

I love the old Roddy Macdowel flick, The Legend of Hell House. This movie is scary without major graphic displays. It even scared my niece who watches this stuff as her #1 choice.

I think most horror movies are aimed at younger / hormonal viewers.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22731
Felt a bit nostalgic last night and gazed over my VHS collection since I've seen and re-seen all my DVDs. Started watching Pump Up the Volume with Christian Slater. Wow what a difference in picture quality. Certainly watchable but it's like going back to 8-track in comparison to music. Yes the tapes are 15+ years old but the digital world just smokes it lol. I have quite a few to catch up on.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1568
Here is another movie that I heard mixed reviews about.

The Zodiac - the one starring Jake Gyllenhaal.

Personally - I really like this movie. Full of suspense even though it may seem a bit slow moving to some.

Best part about it is is all based on true events - and the killer is still out there.

8.5/10 from me.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1110
My neighbors son was IN The Zodiac. Scary movie, and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.
He got killed VERY badly on the first episode of LOST this season.

I really LIKE movies which are based on true stories. Even the nutty stuff about Charles Mansion and The Green River Killer.

Creepy, true stories are the best / worst.

Skulz, the offer is still open. Watch a movie I suggest to you and if you don't like it, rental money back!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1569
lol - I hope ur joking with the rental fees (coz i'm not going to rent them anyways lol).

Will go home tonight and choose one that fits my mood.

And then download it - or see if its on Instant Play for Netflix

Didn't have too much time lately to watch 'anything' - just been really picky. This weekend seems open for me so I can assure you I will start catching up on the real movies lol.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1570
ummm from the list above - Aliens will be my first pick.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1113
What'sa matta, Sr. Skullz? Pick a Genre` and I'll send you the title of a good, older movie and if you really don't like it, send me the rental bill. Popcorn and adult refreshment is on YOU, however, 'cause I aint' pickin' up your beer tab nohow noway.

Worst Case is you lose a couple hours?

Like Sci Fi?

Try 'Forbidden Planet' and see Leslie Nielson, Ann Francis, Earl Holliman, Robby The Robot (first appearance) along with Walter Pidgeon and a first string 'second cast'.
Effects are tops, as is the Disney Animation along with other stuff which is boggling today. Based on a Shakespeare play....'The Tempest'

Let me know when you've seen it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22735
Father of the Bride was last night's pick. Not the original with the young Liz Taylor but with Steve Martin and Diane Keaton. Some of Steve's best work IMO. Seeing as I have a daughter I can connect with most every act of lunacy he pulls off lol.

I see Last of the Mohicans on the shelf. It might just be next.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1118
Saw the remake of Sabrina with Harrison Ford.
Pales in comparison to the original. But, all in all, not a BAD remake, but not as good as the original, either. Bogart was a real powerhouse and hard to beat. I'm sure that if you had never seen or been aware this was a remake, you'da been satisfied.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 596
This is my favorite horror movie of all time: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080516/

Definately check it out if you're in the mood for a horror.

Second would be this:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092796/

This hitch hiker part is ubber scary IMO.

Also April Fool's Day and House. All of these are 80's films. I feel 80's had a lot of great horror films.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1121
Creepshow didn't make if for me, BUT, I'd watch George C. Scott read the newspaper. ANYTHING this guy did was golden.
From Patton to The Hospital......which I believe also starred Dianna Rigg of The Avengers fame......sexy and smart.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1129
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World was on last nite.
Incredible cast. I recognized and knew by name probably 70% of 'em and recognized many of the remainder on sight.
Jerry Lewis, Buddy Hackett, Ethyl Merman, Jonathan Winters, Jim Baccus, Mickey Rooney, Terry Thomas and even Spencer Tracey.

There are more, too. Even Arnold Stang and the 3 Stooges made it.
Must See.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22744
Awesome cast and lineup. I remember Jonathan Winters in "Mork and Mindy". He was great. Buddy Hackett? OMG lol. Pure gems!

No movies tonight for me fellas. It was chiminea night. I had tons of dead limbs trimmed off my backyard trees a couple of weeks ago to burn. It will take me weeks to get through it all.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1131
Jonathan Winters was a once in 10 generations comic. And, as it turns out, he and Robin Williams became good buddies. Williams, is of course also an amazing improv comic. I saw Robin Williams on the 100th show of 'Whose Line is It?' and he KILLED. Made everybody else look like they were painted on the backdrop.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22751
Anyone else hear of the problems with Avatar on Blu-ray? Apparently the anti-copy technology that is designed into the discs isn't compatible with all Blu-ray players. Many are left holding a paper weight because their player isn't as advanced as the disc is.

On a side note I myself have been running into problems with my DVD copy not playing properly. On a specific scene, where Jake Sully learns to fly on his "ikron", the movie freezes and basically shuts down. I have played it on 3 different players as well as my PC and left with the same result. There are no scratches or defects on the disc either. Sometimes it plays through without issue and others it just locks up.

At first I was ready to replace my player but if it's happening to all of them...........I'm wondering if there isn't some sort of copy protection encoding sparking this.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1571
Well during the weekend I watched 2 movies. Aliens as you guys suggested and The Fourth Kind (just something I was interested in). Aliens was a hella good movie - but the only thing I didn't know that it was actually a part 2. The first part was Alien - LOL. But nonetheless, it doesn't take a genious to find out the plot. I guess I will have to watch Alien now haha.

The Fourth Kind was OK. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions of this movie - but I love watching flicks like this. Too bad I don't have the time to research some of the facts in the movie - but if I did, i'm sure i would be surprised even more.

And Paul - have you tried forwarding that specific part? It sucks for something like this to happen to one of the most anticipated movies (for some). Also, what media player are you using on your computer? I can just be that you have a bad disk....but try switching your media player. You should download VLC Media player onto your PC and give it a shot. Its free at download.com

Leo - I need some movies that will knock me off my feet lol. I just want to watch something thats going to leave me saying WOW in the end. I've seen lots of movies - but most of them are just a waste of time. These days im interested in horror/suspense/ and thrillers. I'm tired of the action movies. Comedies are OK - but not exactly on my taste buds at the moment.

So shoot what you've got lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22752
Skullz I have, many times. Visually the disc has no defects at all. Flawless. Yet when I play it on every player I have including my PC it freezes and stumbles at the same part, sort of. Not exactly at the same time frame but just at the scene I described in different spots. I'd buy another copy for hahas but if it was a manufacturing defect then what good does that do lol???

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2718
Paul, I haven't heard of problems with the regular Avatar DVDs not playing on DVD players. Apparently, there are problems with DVDs in BD players.

http://consumerist.com/2010/04/drm-ravaged-avatar-dvds-may-not-work-on-blu-ray-p layers.html

There have been problems with some players with the BD disc, but that is because the players involved do not have updated firmware.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Samsung/Samsung_Fixes_the_Avatar_Blu-r ay_Issue/4643

I have to think that your disc is defective, even though there's no visible problem with the disc's surface. I just ordered the BD/DVD combo package from amazon -- a no brainer for $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-Two-Disc-Blu-ray-DVD-Combo/dp/B002VPE1B6

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2719
Skullz, you have to watch Alien. Cameron's sequel (Aliens) kicked it up a notch action-wise, but the original is a far better suspense thriller. Alien 3 is just OK, and I didn't get into the fourth (Alien: Resurrection) at all.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22761
Guarding Tess. Seen it years ago but forgot about it. That is a fun movie. Just saw it on Hulu tonight.

New site FTW lol.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 622
Watched Blind Side last night. Pretty good movie overall, I thought Sandra Bullock's character was awesome. I'd say it's as good as the other football / sport type movies based on true stories.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1576
Talking about football movies - Gridiron Gang wasn't to bad either AND it starred Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1577
Got Alien planned for tonight.

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2721
"Got Alien planned for tonight."

Classic SF. Great special effects for a 30+ year old movie.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22764
^^^Agreed. Many movies today aren't as spectacular or impressive on the effects side. Given the technology curve in Hollywood over that time span you could still release Alien today and it would make $$$. That's saying something when they spend 280 million $$ to make a film today.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1142
Senor Skullz,
I've been a little out of touch lately....on holiday in Tahoe, but if you can be more specific about 'knock your socks off', I'll forward a title of a kill flick.

For a suspense movie with an all star cast? How about 'Seven Days in May' ? Political / military themes
If you want something which will creep you out and not be graphic / gross, I'd suggest 'The Legend of Hell House'.

I suspect you've already seen stuff like 'The Usual Suspects' and 'The Spanish Prisoner'.

Let me know if you see 'May'........

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1578
Thank you sir. I guess Seven Days in May is tomorrow night's pick.
About to start watching Alien in a few minutes.

Yup, I seen The Usual Suspects - but not The Spanish Prisoner.

Thanks for the input-and enjoy ur stay in Tahoe

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22818
Started the Rambo series last night. I have the tin collector's set. I started with the bonus features disc. It's amazing how much they can find and put on there lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14133
an oldie but a goodie

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22823
1st one was best by far. It had originality and class. The 2 that followed were so filled with editing and filming mistakes it's not funny. They all have a political message attached so you have to become numb to that. In the 4th I am always amazed at Mr. Stallone's physique giving his age. Much better IMO than Mr. "I'll be back" lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14167
I wonder if in the fourth is when he may have dabbled in steroid use

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22841
He looked natural IMO for his age in great shape. Sure, he had dietitians and personal trainers helping him to achieve his looks like any actor/actress would for a film. If you notice however in the 4th the attention wasn't focused on his appearance as much this go around. He was fit but never did he have a scene with his shirt off (that I recall).

It didn't matter. The audience expected that and only wanted to see the character, not the body. The gold in the film was the connection between Mr. Stallone and the story, which both have stood the test of time. He made it, just like Rambo always did.

When/if they replace Sylvester in another sequel is when I stop watching.

Could there ever be another Rocky as well? Nope.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1605
Hell no.....no one can replace Sylvestor as Rocky....it just wont be Rocky.

Anyways, snuck into the theater today and saw 2 flicks
Macgruber and Prince of Persia.

I must say, it wasn't a waste of a night at all. Macgruber was hillarious in a very retarded point of view.

Prince of Persia - phenominal movie. Great acting, superb action, and an overall original story. 9 out of 10 stars for me.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14192
I wondered if prince of persia would be any good...it looked like it had potential....I dont have any money to go see it on the big screen but when I do have some ill make a point to go see it

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22847
Saw Superbad again last night. It really grows on ya lol. Also spending some time (when I have it) on Hulu as well. There just isn't enough of it.

*Sigh*

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14234
that was a decent movie

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14247
I finally got to see prince of persia ill was decent

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1188
Mel Gibson / Payback was on the tube this afternoon, uncut.
Wow, great stuff. Lucy Liu was great as dominatrix. A real good cast. The muted color presentation just adds to the movie.
'You killed my suits!'

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22859
I have to pay tribute to Mr. Hopper in this thread, R.I.P. Easy Rider may be his first sail to Hollywood stardom but I liked him in most all his films inside my time frame. I loved Flashback as well as his role in Hosiers. Speed was another fav.

Bottom line is it's just a sad tale to see anyone influential go. Even at 74.

Upload

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1616
RIP Mr. Hopper....although i don't think I have seen any of his movies.

Seen Pulp Fiction and Snatch back to back couple of days ago. Great movies!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1206
Mr Skulz::
Want something which will really set you on edge? Find Isabelle Rosalini easy to look at? Like the 'dark side' of Dennis Hopper?

Blue Velvet.

I have a copy which nobody who knows anything about it will watch with me.
Young man on way home from school finds an ear.....Nuff Said.

Any Luck with Seven Days In May?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1617
Couldn't find Seven Days in May anywhere but Netflix...so its on my list for upcoming movies. I will probably get it sometime next week though. Look forward to watching it.

"Young man on way home from school finds an ear".....lol wth?!?....Blue Velvet for sure is on my upcoming movie list lol

Got finals for college these days so sort of concentrating on the books....but thats only until Monday. After Monday....every night is a movie night

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1210
Blue Velvet is NOT for everyones taste. It even gets a little rough.
I can't even call it 'compelling' storytelling. Leonard Maltin only gives it 2 stars. Laura Dern is in a very early part.

I'm not sure I'd recommend this unless I knew your taste better. Weird? yes. Violence? again, yes Sadism? yep
A real awful look at the 'underbelly' of a small town.

You DO have a Maltin Movie Guide, don't you?
I have archive copies going back to the '80s, since some older movies are periodically purged to make room for newer stuff.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1217
While at the Grocery today, found a copy of
In Bruge
for only 5$.
This is a no-brainer / must buy. I've been to Bruge and it is every bit a picturesque as the movie shows. Better, even.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1222
Forest Whitaker's
Ghost Dog:The Way of the Samurai, was on tonight.
I'd forgotten how good this movie is.....Must rent some more of Forest's work....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22902
Oh my I love that guy. Just watched panic room last night and it always seems I never get enough of him. From phenomenon to Fast Times at Ridgemont High. VERY respectable actor. He deserves more lead roles.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 842
Saw the remake of The Karate Kid tonight. I havn't seen the original so I can't make comparisons but it was pretty good overall. It had a nice story line, it was plenty long so it didn't feel rushed but something about it just didn't give that edge to make it a great movie. For one, Jaden being the main role, I couldn't help but see a mini version of his father. His facial features and his attitude on screen were just like his father's. I think that took some away from the film, it wasn't as serious as it was trying to be. I'm not sure if that was their intentions when directing the movie, or if that is just how Jaden's peronality is and its just in the way he acts. Jackie Chan did a great job though, good all the way around. The fight scenes and training was pretty good though, and the one chinese kid, his main enemy, could really do some amazing moves. If you're into fighting type movies or if you were a fan of the original, I would recommend it.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1629
thanks for the review...i was debating on whether to see it or not....then I saw it was 2 hours and 20 minutes....and I walked away.
I don't mind watching long movies but that was just going to be too long for me.
Initially wanted to watch A-Team but it was sold out. That too is about 2 hours.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 845
I was surprised when I bought tickets that they were $10 a piece. Last time I went to the movies I believe tickets were running $9.25. Can't believe they went up to 10 bucks. It seems like ticket prices just went up not too long ago.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22915
Been saying for too long that prices are getting ridiculous. It kills the drive. Sure the experience is nice but with the cost of tickets and concessions for an average family pushing $70 or more it's no wonder many are building their own HT and simply waiting for the DVD. The same can be said for seats at a baseball/football game. It's something you have to save and budget for now. Back in the day on a whim if you felt like going you just went. In Philly for me to see a baseball game today involves a small financial nest egg. It costs me $30 just to get to the park between bridge tolls, gas and parking. Then the tickets will set me back at least $50. Wanna eat? Throw in another $40. Like beer? Bring another $40. And completely forget the notion of purchasing jerseys or t-shirts inside. As an amazing comparison you can buy plain white t-shirts in a drug store here for 5 for $10. With a red P on the front inside the park it's $40.

THAT'S an expensive "P" lol.

Again, and as always, I miss the drive ins.

Username: Lkobescak

TorontoUnited States

Post Number: 1
i accidentally saw the saw 2 yesterday night, i too am surprised to feel that i liked it better than the first time i watched it , what micht be my feeling

http://thermalimagingcamera.ie

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1238
Saw 'Prince of Persia' a few days ago.
OK, kind of derivative but good visuals and OK performances, though pretty pat.
One kink, though. The 'princess' is usually far and away the most beautiful woman in the movie. It's usually in the contract! This time, however, she sure wasn't. Easy on the eyes? yes. Nice in motion? sure. Talent? ok.
But, when the hero was running thru the Harem, they were ALL better looking than the lead. I'll bet at least one of them was as talented, too.

And, to be 'hyper critical'.....about 1/2 way thru, there were a couple continuity problems when they just appeared in a new place....with no 'visible' means of having gotten there....Popping up in the desert?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1239
OH, larry, could you please take your spam elsewhere?
Have someone that can actually write in the English Language edit your posts, too.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23003
Bought Shutter Island today. We'll see how it goes. Maybe tonight maybe tomorrow.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1266
Paul, The butler did it. There I ruined it for you!
Seriously, enjoy. It is a well done DiCaprio flick with good performances, effects and nice resolution.,

Any Gene Hackman fans? I looked at the rest of this thread and nobody has mentioned 'The Conversation'......a top Hackman film.
hint hint: Mr Skulz....put on the list.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23004
Wow. Never heard of it, and I am a fan. Makes me wanna see Bat 21 again.

Looks like tomorrow will be Shutter Island as I don't have the 2+ hours for it tonight.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23008
That was AMAZING. No spoils for those who haven't seen it but I have to say it's a twister indeed. The last 10 minutes of the film had my head spinning trying to catch up. However, for those who have seen it, what is your take on the very last scene? I mean, in your view, is it what I think? Was it confirmation on his fears or simply an ingredient to spice up controversy in the audience? Or was it him giving up/making the choice and accepting his fate?

Every critic is right though. You HAVE to see it more than once to catch everything that plays a role.

A solid 8 stars out of 10. Would have been 9 for me but the ending just left me hanging a bit. I wanted more closure lol.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1648
Shutter Island! I wrote on this in the OT section but I have no problem doing it again.
You are right about the last 10 minutes - but I would say the last 10 seconds was THE most critical seconds in the movie for me. It all depends on how people interpret the message but to me, he WAS cured. If i'm not mistaken, that last sentence even left a questioned look on his partners face (doctor).

Lots of people also didn't like the movie BECAUSE of the ending. Some just didn't get it and others didn't like it. But you gotta watch to movie for what it is and not what you want it to be (thanks muddy....i think? or someone else said that in the last thread lol)

If you can take any crappy movie and put Leonardo DiCaprio in it, he WILL make it sweet.

I can't wait for Inception. Next month!!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23010
Spot on! You feel the same way I do. When the camera shows what's in the orderly's hands as they approach you think to yourself that he was right all along to resist. Then the imagination rolls and you think to yourself he's GOT to fight his way out of there.............................then it fades to black. "Aw c'mon!!!" I kept saying to myself lol.

OK. That's all I'm going to spill.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14403
now your making me want to watch the movie again ill have to look on blockbuster and netflix for the movie

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14404
shoot its not on the on demand section of netflix

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14405
I just found a streaming website to watch it ....sweet

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 894
Shutter Island was pretty good. I remember it made my head hurt pretty bad when I saw it. I never saw the end coming though, total twist for sure. Inception coming up looks like it is going to be another awesome DiCaprio film. From what I gather its something about having dreams within dreams. Sounds like it may be the next Matrix level movie.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23018
It's one of those as deep as you are films. How far you take it is on you. Walk away with what you will but most surely it won't be what the person sitting next to you will. That's the beauty of the film. A different version for every viewer.

Some leave baffled while others are contemplating outcomes as they pass the popcorn machine on their way out the theater.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14413
http://xtshare.com/toshare.php?Id=28959

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23022
Not sure what that means Sean.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14416
its a link to the movie

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23023
I got all kinds of overlaying ads and background noise. That site is LOADED with piggyback spam everywhere lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14465
not me im using firefox

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14585
bump lets get this thread rolling

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1693
I don't know if any of you guys are fans of Mortal Kombat (or if any of you even know what it is lol) but they are making a new one. Man i seen this trailer and it looks crazy. Usually I say movies like this flop (and this probably will) but I cannot wait for it to come out. Too bad it is coming out 2013. I don't know why it is that late but they also have a trailer out for it already.

You can check it out here:
http://www.alltrailers.net/mortal-kombat.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14598
I saw the other mortal combat movies might have to go see this one

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14599
holy crap I just realized you said 2013....ill forget about it till then

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23108
Damn I feel old now. My son was born in 2000.

Haven't bought any movies lately. Been watching old episodes of welcome back Kotter and Knight rider on Hulu lol. Also The Pretender, What's Happening, One Day at a time, Facts of life, ect.

Yeah, I'm an 80's guy lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14604
im getting ready to see the a team.....remember that show paul

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23110
I think that's on Hulu too!!!

I love it when a plan comes together.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1306
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and How To Marry A Millionaire are on as a double feature. Couldn't pry the remote out of my wife's hands with a jackhammer.
MM is beautiful, Lauren Bacall made a Bogart joke and Jane Russel is TALL. Probably 5" taller then MM.

Good movies representing that 'era' of film.....mid '50s.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23120
Leo, I tell you with no hesitation that I would have loved to live inside the 50's era. Not speaking just movie wise but life in general. Everything seemed so simple and direct. There were no car jackings or cell phones, cars didn't cost $50,000 and you could fill the tank with $5. Picnics actually happened and life in general was just so much simpler.

Today? Chaos chaos chaos. Texting, emails, working in front of computer screens all day, playing on them at night lol, everyone paying for everything using a piece of plastic, full service in a gas station......are you kidding me? Crap like that. I think I'd prefer the milkman bringing the milk, Billy the paperboy throwing me my paper on my porch every morning, believing in my government, sleeping with my doors unlocked and everything I owned made in the good ole USA.

Kind of a stretch huh lol?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us