Worst sounding cinema in Westover Road, Bournemouth Part II "ODEON"

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 1476
This is an image of the worse cinema in Westover Road Bournemouth

Upload

Well as most of you have guessed by now cinema admissions have truly declined, with the pirates and the raise of DVD making it more a joyful event with the technologies at hand and allowing us to, not only reproduce better sound presentation along with interior decoration design to all these techniques like motion simulators Butt-Kickers tactile sub bass enhancements.

Anyway with the worst and shameless cinema in my home town the "ODEON," they say there fanatical about film, what a joke and a lie as well, the cinema industry is now starting to slowly go into the early stages of poorer presentation, concisions is a major rip off at the "ODOEN," and it tastes, very unappetising, so I don't buy there junk food, I take my own, which on the other hand is more affordable and appetising with all the goodness.

Same goes for soft-drinks or other, I mean I only use the cinema as a means of checking with the SPL db meter how poor sounding it is, anyway have any of you guys noticed a cinema that is the pits, I mean pen and ink....

As the "ODOEN" smells bad, not a place to take the children, due to health & safety, the carpet sticks to your shoes it's that bad?

The carpet cleaners, I don't think they have even bothered for years, which is just not on, now this is no joke and it's all totally true.

So tell me your horror story, which is the worse sounding and pen & ink one in your area, or we can talk about the "ODEON" which is the fleapit of all cinemas...

The ODEON is unclean.....sticky and smelling very, very oh so very badly

Gold Member

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 1477
The Da Vinci Code

Well I had one mate who was there last week and he was in the worse part of it, screen #1 upstairs, he noticed the sound was way too much, or way too bright sounding, what he didn't know was the carpet was foul smelling, and when I told him his look on his face went to unhappiness. Plus he paid £7,50 to sit in a dirty cinema that hasn't been cleaned in 9 years! inside the "ODEON WET FISH!"

Gold Member

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 1480
Hears a newsflash.

The wet fish ODEON carpet is still stale and crawling towards the exit door!

Gold Member

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 1482
I had a friend who noticed this huge humming smell, under his nose, well I did tell him about the "Odeon Wet Fish" talk about a cinema that is unclean!

Bronze Member
Username: Leafs_fan_4_eva

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 68
is anyone in this thread???????

Gold Member

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 1723
Well the worse cinema technically is in my home town it is so dreadfully awful when it comes to starting the film, presentation of the atmosphere is a real let down!

Having worked for UCI and Warner Bros cinemas in the past as a junior projectionist and having an ear and eye knowing when something is out of place it often comes down to the reproduction of the playback of the sound!

ODEON Westover Road based here in Bournemouth screen #1 is the worse sounding cinema on the south coast! With outdated loudspeakers like the Altec A-4 pictured here, well there grand hay days of the 1950's and 60's are over there history! I have read the specifications on the Lansing heritage JBL forums site, where they might have a high sensitivity at generating high peaks mostly in the upper mid bass range and middle frequency band, its way too bright!

The last film I saw at this cinema was Batman Begins in dts distortion! I was 99.999% close to walk out on that film within the first 2 minutes of the opening, while monitoring the SPL db level in the cinema as I usually do when I visit a cinema, and with peaks close to 100dbA not 100dbC where you can feel it pressing on you just like in Lucasfilm THX sound system cinema. No this was far worse!

I really hate it when some younger projectionist tells me you should hear Batman begins in dts! Wow big deal is all I can say, and when I ask him what dts decoder are you running and the amplification? It's like err I don't know.

Well I must say I was very ticked off with that show and costing nearly £7.00 UK I want my money back! One for deceiving the public saying they have brand new cinema equipment that they are digital ready! This is what fangs me to the teeth!

I might take my ticket down there tomorrow see a film if I dare check the SPL db level while watching the film and if it falls below even the sub standard specifications, or if it even sounds like there have been no alterations to the specification since last year, than I will demand my money back for the film that I have seen there on the day, plus my money back for embarrassing me with that turkey Batman in dts!

Gold Member

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 1797
Yeah not even the ODEON or UCI, err, what ever they what to call themselves now doesn't have JBL and the THX sound system! There just a WET FISH that smells, I mean check out the ODEON at Westover Road the carpet is crawling towards the exit door, I mean it's actually moving because it needs the winter air fragrance!

You got watch out for the ODEON because they have WET FISH crawling carpets that they don't clean in 8 years! It's got a sticky WET FISH feeling that sticks to your shoes and the stale smell is enough to make your eyes water!

It's the same ODEON WET FISH that's been stinking out Westover Road Bournemouth now for 8 years, every time you walk past the ODEON WET FISH at night time you can smell the WET FISH! And you know it's crawling towards the exit door!! Slowly crawling!

So don't go to the ODEON Westover Road Bournemouth because the only presentation you'll get is an ODEON WET FISH!

I should know I was a projectionist once but I never worked for the ODEON WET FISH, Just the former UCI and Warner Bros! But you have to watch out for the ODEON WET FISH there very crafty next they'll be installing ODEON WET FISH carpets in your home with that sticking ODEON WET FISH loving smelling feeling!

So watch out for the ODEON WET FISH, it's everywhere take your children to the ODEON WET FISH at your own risk! Yikes the sticky ODEON WET FSIH carpet is crawling!!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 9050
you must REALLY hate this movie theater.

Gold Member

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 2093
Muddy

Well especially when they don't bother to wash the carpet in nearly 8 years, it's really that bad, where talking pen & ink mate, it really hums in there, and the sound system as been calibrated by a donkey! I've heard and felt better quality at the Empire in London and some of my friends homes and mine as well.

The name ODEON WET FISH came to me last year when I noticed my shoes sticking to the carpet, and when I leaned down and placed my hand on the carpet...It made my eyes water!!

It smelt like FISH! WET FISH! That had been left out of the fridge for week and had gone stale with a stickiness to it, so now you know why its called the ODEON WET FISH! The carpet is actually crawling it's alive it's living well what's crawling within it makes my skin crewel and the smell! You can't set in the seats and watch a film for 10 minutes; you raise your feet off the carpet fearing something bad is going to be sticking to your shoes!

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 619
you should write an angry letter

Gold Member

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 2198
Unless 100 people wrote in saying more a less the same thing ODEON wouldn't do a thing about. Mate, I've made my mind up about ODEON, and there just dreadful there the worse cinema chain in the United Kingdom, most of there staff say there fanatical about film, and as it would turn out most of them are foreigners!

I might just send them an ODEON WET FISH in the post intend.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16750

Username: Convergence

Post Number: 1
The truth about the Westover Road Bournemouth theater is that the main speakers are not Altec A-4 but VITAVOX.

Here is the link to the truth about the Odeon Bouremouth England.

http://cinematreasures.org/theater/20081/

Odeon 1 is now the last unsubdivided 'roadshow' house from the era of Rank's sixties twinning projects. It's also the last original un-subdivivided 'cinerama' auditorium in the country. The auditorium is almost circular and the end wall is deeply curved with huge gold glass fibre curtains and red/blue/yellow ceiling rim lighting. Completing the authentic sixties experience is the brown and gold painted stippled plaster and, I kid you not, the original Vitavox loudspeakers. If this cinema were a car it would be called 'a future classic' - catch it while you can, particularly from the front row where a little bit of the cinerama experience lives on...

Here is what an ALTEC A-4 looks like. A-4
at the Johns Hopkins University.

Upload
Upload

THESE SPEAKERS HAVE BEEN IN USE IN SINGLE MAJOR THEATERS ACROSS AMERICA UNTILL THE SMALL SARDINE CAN VENUES OF MULTIPLEXES TOOK OVER IN SUBERBIA IN THE MID 90'S.

Username: Lucky7

Post Number: 1
I'm local to Bournemouth and I've no idea what Andy Summers is taking about. The Odeon is the last 'Roadshow theatre' with a sense of occasion you don't get with any multiplex shoebox. The sound is top notch as is the super large bright picture. (a testament to its 70mm origins).

Go there, you'll be impressed.

Username: Wetfishodeon

Post Number: 5
Well don't listen to Jeff he's lying! And clearly doesn't know what to look for or listen for!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us