Hunger Games

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2718
Must see.
This will keep you entertained for the well-over 2 hour length. I'll give it 9 checks on the Ecoustics 10 point scale.

No spoilers, please.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 2088
LOL. This is exactly what I said in the other thread. Loved the movie so much that I even ordered the books. Just got them yesterday so I will be doing quite a bit of reading today.

I'm going to write another small review after the I've read the books to see how the movie compared to it. From what I've heard, they did an awesome job with the movie as it relates to the book (other than those morons who gave problems to the character Rue for being black - just disgusting).

Other than that, yea I agree with your 9/10 on our official Ecoustics scale.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25411
Wow. I've heard great things about it. Never had the motivation to go see it though. Will surly be on my DVD shelf in 6 months or sooner if they release it by then.

Been awhile since we had a 9/10 movie to see/wait for. Nice.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16245
My kids are raving about that movie, too. It is now on my must see list.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2089
Lol it wont let you down Berny - at least I wouldn't think so. Def buy it once available on Blu Ray (yeppp....skip that DVD and go for the Blu Ray - worth it)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25417
All I know is my DVDs better be a valid source of media for at least another 20 years. At this point I would need to replace about 450 movies and counting.

Let's see......carry the one......add the zero........

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2719
I'm waiting for the BOOK review. Another one would be the book review of 'The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo'......another interesting bit of film. Also, top rated, IMO.....

Alway interested in comparing 'the book' to 'the movie'.......IMO, the ONLY book I've read which was inferior to the movie was the LOTR trilogy. The LOTR movies NAILED it.......110%, to quote Lou Ferrigno..And without all that singing in 'The Two Towers'.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25418
Lol. Well I'm from an era that teaches you the book should ALWAYS come first. THAT way you have two perspectives of the story. One where your imagination fills in the blanks and the other where the screen keeps you watching more than thinking.

Lord of the Flies taught me that. Required reading in school for me so naturally I HAD to see it when it came out in theaters. I was soooo disappointed in the movie because it had NOTHING I was looking for after reading the book. Sometimes 90 minutes on screen can't tell the whole story you have in your head.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2720
Which LOTF did you see?
made first in '63, it was remade in '90.
As usual for me, I suspect the 'original' was the best.

I remember 'Fantastic Voyage'. Good SciFi book and only OK as a movie, with the exception of Raquel Welch.....who looks great in diving gear.

I am currently reading 'Atlas Shrugged'....the Ayn Rand book which I am told has been filmed. I'll believe it when I see it.

Other disasters? Well, Dune... the Frank Herbert SciFi classic they thought could never be filmed. The critics might have been right.

Enjoy!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2090
I've read half of the first book so far.

I will say on this;
The beginning is slightly different. I don't want to spoil anything but there is one part that kind of irked me. However, i don't think it adds up to much or changes anything really. It is portrayed different in the movie than in the book. That is all.

So far, the movie nailed everything else in the book and had done so better than what I have read so far. With the coloration and the themes, I would say the movie had done a GREAT job. Probably will read another 1/4 of the book over the weekend (if I don't finish it).

So far, I'm still keeping the 9/10 for the movie.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3118
For fans of 'The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo'�.you must know there are 2 versions.
The English Language version with Daniel CRaig and rooney Mara along with Christopher Plummer, ALL in English.

The OTHER version�and part of the trilogy which was ALL filmed is the SWEEDISH version with English Subtitles. This one has Noomi Rapace in the title role.

Both versions have good and bad and if pressed, I couldn't tell you which I liked better�though the Sweedish TRILOGY is strong from beginning to end.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us