Lotr

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 418
does anyone think that they shouldnt have thrown that whole love scene in it or the dead army at the end because it wasnt like that in the book i wish they went just by the book it would have made it better and i wish they included the scourching of the shire i loved that part of the book does anyone know if they will have the reg actors for the whole entire really extended verisons and when do those come out

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4694
Who knows?! Still a great film, although I think they will milk this trilogy for all its worth. They might be coming out with all kinds of special editions. Peter Jackson has to really extract every bit of money out of these movies. I think his success has gotten to his head, Have you seen King Kong? What a crock! The only thing different I saw was the gorilla's fight scene with the dinosaurs. It's like Jet Li with plenty of hair. That movie did not do any retelling that was worth retelling. And that stupid ending monologue with Jack Black, ugh! What was it..."Beauty killed the beast"??? Geez, how original!

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 630

I asked this question a few weeks back and an annon said aug 06 for the release date. I don't know what his source was.

The burning of the Shire was never shot, so it won't be there. The dead army scene was extrapolated from the book, though the author didn't spend much time on it.

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 435
ya i no it was int he book but they ddint just wipe out the army at minas tirith like they did in the moviw it was a real battle i dont like it how they just wiped out the whole army d@mn i wanted to see the burning of the shire it seemed interesting in the book and would have been nice to see in the movie but why did they have to extend that whole love story it wasnt that extravagant in the book it just got annoying and made the two towers movie boring after a while

Silver Member

Post Number: 638
If you read the extended notes of the book, there are many more references to the love story than you read in the actual story. Peter Jackson probably felt they have to amplify that element to get a wider audience into the theater who were not going to be as enamoured with the battle scenes and burning of the shire as you are.

If you watch the extended edition of Return of the King you will see how Saruman is actually killed off at the begining of the movie (which was cut out of the regular edition of the movie), so it was obvious that Jackson never intended to shoot the actual burning of the shire and the end of Saruman according to the book.

Still the extended edition was faithful to the fact that ultimately wormtongue kills Saurman.

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 437
ya ive never seen the extended version of the movie so i dint no that and ya i no why they did that with the love story just wish they didnt

Silver Member

Post Number: 639

Whoops, sorry if I gave away the extra plot scenes you hadn't seen.

Go get the extended edition. It is definitly worthwhile.

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 438
its ok and i def will get the xteneded version is it worth it for every movie or just the last one

Gold Member

Post Number: 4706
I think that it is definitely worth it for all the series.

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 448
thanks berny maybe ill get it all i need now is some money oh wait a second im neva gona have it new car audio system is gonna kill me errr why does stuff like that have to so expensive wish i had a million dollars and i could just buy some stuff i want

Gold Member

Post Number: 4714
Prioritize, my friend, prioritize.

Silver Member

Post Number: 645
Charlie you heard of Blockbuster?

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 459