Viper 791xv help

Username: Mat82284

Post Number: 1
ok i just bought a viper 791xv from a web site and have installed a couple alarms before but this was more complex. so i only installed the wires needed to run the alarm and didnt do any remote start wires. i got the alarm to work and doors and siren and everthing worked good but then i tried to install a trunk switch and i the wire that connects on the viper alarm (red/white)that connects to the relay accidently got a 12v spike i touched the 12v wire to the middle of the relay and it sparked and the unit doesnt respaund anymore. i took it all out and then reinstalled it same thing. did i fry the brain or did it go into some protect? how can i test the brain can i take it to a local best buy or audio express and have them test it?also the bulb stoped flashing when the wire touched and it hasnt come back on since i also removed the brain for 24 hours and put back in to see if change and no change also i bought it from the internet site is it possible to lie to best buy and say i bought it from them and see if they will replace the brain? or is there anywhere i could do this? or do i have to send it back to the place i bought it from? does the unit have a serial or just a model number and such? i didnt examine it that well. also if its not fried what could i do to fix it? i checked all fuses and wires. in the attachment is the picture of the wire that touched the 12v.

Username: Mat82284

Post Number: 2
i was reading this and im sure it has to be protected now unless somehow i still fried the brain. but this sais that its protected from accident during install and such

Why are all DEI systems short circuit protected?

Answer
ALL DEI systems are designed with short circuit protection built in. In recent years thieves have discovered that an easy way to defeat many of our competitors' systems was simply to break a taillight lens, short out the parking light bulb inside, and then trigger the alarm. Since many alarms also flash the parking lights when triggered, the short circuiting of the parking light bulb would lead to the short circuiting of the alarm as well, making it short work for the thief. To completely prevent this from happening, all DEI Security systems include several forms of short circuit protection. The first form is fuse protection for all critical circuits including main power, siren, and parking light output. This most basic form of protection prevents a thief from defeating our systems by simply shorting out a parking light bulb or the siren. The second form is advanced integrated circuit technology which allows all other outputs to detect short circuit conditions and temporarily shut down until the short is corrected. This second form of protection protects each unit from accidental damage which might occur during installation or when the vehicle is being serviced. All together these separate forms of short circuit protection make DEI Security systems robust in both security and reliability.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us