JBL BP1200.1 on a brahma 12" or 10"???

Anonymous

i'm thinking bout getting a brahma 10" or 12" and i come across a jbl1200.1.

i have heard that this is a good amp so i'm thinking bout getting it. i wanna know if i could run a brahma 10" or 12" on this amp (in about a 2 cu ft vented box)...i am leaning towards getting the 10" though, would this amp be ok for the 10"???

ruxpin
Unregistered guest
im sure the amp will be fine for that sub i have a rockford fosgate power hx2 hooked up to it and it supposed to handle 1000rms and the freaking thing keeps on blowing. i think the amp really puts out more than the 1200 its rated at.

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 158
That amp will be fine for the Brahma. Good amp. Go with the 12....

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1694
It really doesn't need that much power, but the beauty of that 1200.1 is that it's 1 ohm stable, which means you could wire the sub in series for 4 ohms, and get 600W RMS for SQ and daily driving(plenty of power for the sub), then when you want to hit some SPL numbers just jump back and wire the coils in parallel for a 1 ohm load, and have 1200+ watts for SPL burps, etc. The sub will get to mechanical excursion with less power than 1200 watts, so remember to be very careful not to overpower the sub. You could make this work easily by having two terminal cups on the enclosure. The 10" would work, but the SQ of the 10 and 12 is very close, I'd personally get the 12" and get better low end response and more SPL.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us