Need advice please help!!!!!

Username: Rsoares28

Scarborough, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
i bought a alpine type r 10inch svc 4 ohm, and i have it hooked up bridged to a kenwood amp 200 watts peak, am i really under powering this sub, am i doing alot of harm, can you guys recommend me a good amp to power this sub, it sounds good now, but i just think the sub can do so much more

i have the sub in a ported box, oh yeah and on the amp there is a switch for either stereo or mono, i have it on mono, is that good, any advice please....

Post Number: 7
if anybody can help please...

atreyu rock
Unregistered guest
how much are u willing to spend and how much wattage do u want?

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 144
yeah mono is good

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 311
As long as you're not pushing massive amounts of distortion thru that sub underpowering it won't hurt a thing.

Whats the RMS rating on that sub?

If its around 250-300 watts this Soundstream would work great.

http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=470&1=471&3=2338

I own this very amp and it powered my 2 JL 10w3d2's at a fairly decent clip. This model used to list at $400 but since its discontinued you can get for $130 plus shipping. I think you'll find it hard to get anything new near this quality for the price and if you ever want to upgrade your sub amp this would make an excellent amp for mids and highs.

I also had mine hooked up to a set of MB Quart Q's and they sounded very very good.

If your in the market for a "new" amp this is a great deal.

-Fishy

Post Number: 8
thanks for the replies, that soundstream looks pretty good. i'll look into it, is there any way i can wire thats sub to get a 2 ohm load from my amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us