Help!...What Are Good SQ Subs??

Anonymous

I am going to buy a Memphis 16MC 500D mono amp and was wondering what a good sound quality pair of tens would be. I want SQ with some thump also. Price range up to 250. Subs with rms wattage of 250-300 a piece. Thanks very much.
Also are earthquake db's or dbx's good SQ subs?

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 219
Look at the Infinity Perfect 10.1s they are nice SQ subs less than $100 each.(ebay)
Another good one, maybe better, is the Adire Koda 10. (www.acoustic-visions.com) $229 each shipped.

Can't think of anything else that rings "SQ" where 2 could be powered by the MC-500d (good amp BTW)

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
Jonathan....would and RE SE 10 be good for SQ. Don't have much experience with these...

Silver Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 119
I would get two shivas, you can power them with that amp I believe, and 300 rms to them would be fine.

Silver Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 120
Btw I don't know if you mean 250 for each sub or for both.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1739
For sound quality with that amount of power, I think that a pair of 10" Image Dynamics IDQ's would be up your alley. You should be able to find them around $250 for a pair on ebay, you can get them for 150 each on www.woofersetc.com

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 124
by your descriptions, the kappa perfect would be perfect.

Anonymous

Thanks for the input guys. Around 250 for the pair. I was thinking about either the two brands mentioned above. I'll check them out. Also how would the SQ be on the Infinity or Image compared to something like an Earthquake DB or DBX?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1744
I like the SQ of both much better than those Earthquakes, but try to listen to them if possible and form your own opinion.

Anonymous

Okay. I'll probly go with some ID's in a sealed box. Thanks for your opinion. BTW, what do you think of the memphis amp that I mentioned above? I have heard some favourable reviews.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1746
Memphis makes a great amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
Forgot about them, my mind went blank (well I was trying to stay within the $250 mark)....good thing we can always count on Jon
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us