Profile amps

a7x fan
Unregistered guest
I am looking to purchace a Profile CL600M amp to power an Image Dynamics 12" dual 4 Ohm sub. they both seem like real good deals but cheap isnt always quality so is this worth the money?

Bronze Member
Username: Sancho886

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 15
http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

Anonymous

go with the Profile AP2000 300 x 2 RMS at 4 omhs;
900 plus watts bridged...........I have one powering one 15, it will slam. The damping factor is 290; "not a zapco but not bad"

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 272
Hifonics or JBL will good inexpensive alternatives. Most people on here will not suggest Profile, Lanzar, Pyle, Boss, Soundstorm, Sony, Audiobahn, etc.

Unregistered guest
Why do you not recommend the Profile Amps?
They seem to have better THD than most of the competition and better Signal to Noise Ratio?
Do they have heat problems or something?

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 116
Yes, heat would be one of the big problems. They are horirble amps. They are not durable nor reliable. They're the kind that turn over after 30 minutes because they overheat. CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 556
my cousin has the profile 400 on a kicker comp 12 (lowest line) and the amp does get hot but never shuts off on us but i wouldnt suggest these amp just because of how hot they get

Phoenyx
Unregistered guest
my last system i had was a pure excelon system. any way i need to put together a system for my 01 f150 super crew, i can fit either a single 10" or dual 8". I'm leaning toward the 8's due to having more surface area. I want a very tight and clear bass this system. any suggestions for subs and a decent amp (since profiles are crap)
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us