Low budget system help

dimi
Unregistered guest
How would a MRD-M301 amp with a 10" Type R sound, since I am on a really low budget and cant afford much more. Would u recomend sealed or ported and to what dimentions. any help would be greately appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 59
let us know your price limit. might be able to get a little better system for what the type R and MRD amp will run you.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 660
Here is what I would recommend.

Xtant A3001 off ebay. Brand new for 100.00 shipped or You can get it used for 65.00 shipped. Look on sounddomain for the xtant 10 inch subs 2 for 75.95. That should work well for ya.

dimi
Unregistered guest
problem is that i live in canada and my dealer only sells JL , Rockford, Alpine, Aduiobahn and the selection on canadian ebay is limited(if i buy from ebay.com taxes and shipping make it unworthwhile). JL is outta my league and W0 is kinda weak. Rockford i dont like too much personally cuz of friends system and the way that sounds. Audiobahn,(no comment). i coulda went 2 Type S's which would sound a LOT BETTER but they only got DVC 4 ohm whcih can only be wired to 1 or 4 ohm and that kinda amp is hard to find in price range... So i guess then its down to 1 sub and I prefered the Type R for the extra pound. BTW i allready have the amp and need sub now. I also dont get why my amp is rated at 350 RMS at 2ohm. but on this card said it is tested to 402 RMS????? anyways THX for the help

dimi
Unregistered guest
btw i am not really interested in big pound. just decent SQ and some bass. thx

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 661
It all depends on what voltage they did that test at. Say the 350 rms was tested at lets say 12.8 volts and the other test was performed at lets say 14.4 volts yea its gonna be more if it has a unregulated supply. And some amps just put out more wattage then what it says. From what ive read and I think the amp your looking at is one of those digital amps from alpine those do put out a little more power then rated for and ive heard good things about them. Good luck though on getting your system together.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 124
Dimi.

Check out Online Car Stereo. They ship $14.95 per item to Canada w/ United Parcel Serivce.

Some suggestions on their site for your amp would be:

Diamond Audio CM310D4 10" Dual 4 ohm sub. US$99 + US$14.95 shipping
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12440

MTX T61244A 12" US$95 + US$14.95
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13313

Don't know how those compare to what you're paying for the Type R but this site also has those.

Just a thought

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us