Have 300RMS need a sub.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 209
OK I have an amp that pushes 300RMS @ 2 ohms. I need the best sub I can get that will run off of that.

I was looking for a good mix of SQ and SPL. I was leaning towards Cerwin Vega V-Maxs. Would I want a 12 or a 15 in??

Any other suggestions. Hey Glass glad your back!

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 110
Go with the 12 on the VMax!
Also, I know they're not much too look at but the same makers of the Adire Bramha make the Adire Audio Shiva and it's supposed to be awesome. Will also work at 2ohm load
$125 shipped from www.acoustic-visions.com

FNG

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 211
cant wire a Shiva down to a 2 ohm load on a mono block. Other wise that would probably have been my choice ;).

Would a ported or sealed box be better for the V-Max. I was thinking ported so it would be a little louder since Im only ganna have 1 sub.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 111
Your right...I'm thinking 2 shivas....Sorry.
The VMAX is best bang for the buck. Ported will definately make it louder, but box will cost more.
You could also consider a MTX 6000 series.

FNG

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 213
I can get a custom made box. Im thinkin they said $60 for 1 12".

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 214
Hey anyone know what would be good specs for a box with 1 12" V-Max? I was leaning more towards ported unless I lose to much SQ then I would probably go Sealed.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 215
also if you guys recommend a ported box... would a 15" V-Max work well with 310RMS since I know that sometimes a ported box requires less power to reach its full excursion. The 15" is a 400RMS rated sub and the 12" is a 300RMS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us