Trivia question for the day

Bronze Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 90
what 15 inch speaker hit 147 db with 600 watts rms to it? Youll never guess. A pyramid super blue 15. I would have never thought it could go that loud.

thanks,

in search of bass

Bronze Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 84
wow... I'm thinkin about going and getting my car spl tested tomorrow, and if i get some $$ or something maybe pick up a pair of 15" kicker comps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
hey jesse what part of pa are you in? Theres a comp in york on sunday but its 15 to get in the gates plus 30 to compete.

thanks,

in search of bass

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 90
i'm in western pa by pittsburgh...

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 91
but, my car aint quite ready for competition yet i don't think... once i get the kickers in, i might go to some spl competitons, cause i'll have 2 15's and 4 12's all in the trunk.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
ok im in pa too near lancaster

thanks,

in search of bass

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 93
kool, i just went over to Rodgers ohio this after noon, to the flea market... some guy was selling stolen sound equipment... the stuff was all banged up, it looks like some one took a crowbar to some of the amps... lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
wow what kind of car and subwoofers? what amps to the subwoofers. I have two lanzar dc 12s in mine (old school) on a mtx 81000d gain down of course and i made the box sealed ported adjustable all i do is remove the square plate to go from sealed to ported and i have various port lengths so i can tes the box in my car hoping to hit 140 at least highest ive heard a pair of those hit was 147 db.

thanks,

in search of bass

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 95
Well, like i said from the other thread, 2 15" kicker comps, still searching for that amp. then 4 12" polk GNX's. Decent subs, cheap price. on Bazooka amps. I mean, i'm not designing a car for competition... i'm a daily driver that loves bass! I work a low paying job, my parents haven't given me a penny since i turned 16, so i can't go buying RE x.x.x's or something, just what i can get my hands on for a decent price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
dont be afraid to over power the comps a little we have a 300 rms profile amp on my cousins c 12 kicker with tha amp gain three quarters up and it handles it well but the speaker is only rated 150 rms 300 peak it hits 126 db with just that one c comp which is ok i guess.

thanks,

in search of bass

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 96
well, like i said, i don't have a big choice when it comes to amps. Beggers can't be choosers... all i want to know is will the audiobahn a1801t amp run 2 15" kicker comps, if not, than i can't run them... Everyone has been saying, oh why don't you just use this ten thousand dollar amp??? well, because i don't have very much money! unless you can tell me an amp that can run them better for under $150...

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
that amp will work just fine if you want to set the 15s set up for spl go three cubic ft each chamber and add insulation 1 or 2 pounds poly fill or one to two inches fiberglass insulation and set the subsonic filter at about 30 and set your bass boost and gain accordingly. This is for sealed boxes.

ps...if you want less spl and more low frequencies go bigger with the box size.

heres kickers box size ranges...

http://www.kicker.com/ShowPage.cfm?filename=compsub.html&menu=SUBWOOFERS

thanks,

in search of bass

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 419
Jesse go for the Audiobahn amp. I think they are decent amps for the money to be honest. Sure there are lots better but when your on a budget then you pretty much have to take what you can get. Bout away your running all these subs what size Alternator are you running?

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 97
well if i do get the 15's and amp, i probably will only run the 12's once in a while, while running a 3 farad cap... at least untill i sell the polks n' such.

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 98
thanks for the info guys, i just hope i can do all this... my mom is real strict on what $$ i spend... she freaked out cause i got some pyramid internal speakers, cause i blew my stock speakers...

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 423
Jesse a cap is NOT an alternator and should not be used as a replacement one either if your lights are dimming then you need an alternator not a 3F cap. You use 1 farad for ever 1000 watts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
the batcap i suggested is a cheaper alternative to the alternator and you dont need a cap with it they perform worse according to batcap with a cap together with their battery. Ultimately an alternator would be the best choice and you wouldnt need anything else.

thanks,

in search of bass

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 100
yeah, i might do that too... or i'll just sell the 2 12's... depends if i wanna spl comp it or not

if i decide to take it to spls... i'll get an alternator, if not, then i'll sell the 12's and amp and box

But yeah, i know a cap won't replace an altenator, maybe i'll get a yellow top deep cycle battery or something to run stuff from if i'm gonna run all 4 subs

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
jesse dont switch the polks out to keep the kickers it isnt going to be as loud. They are entry level kickers. I thought you were keeping the polks too.

thanks,

in search of bass

Silver Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 102
well, that's the plan, but i'm at least gonna go to just 2 polks and 2 kickers. cause i'll probably have to sell one pair of 12's cause i don't think it will all fit in my trunk without removing the spare tire compartment and altering my trunk... what do you think would have better sq and spl... 2 12" polk gnx's or 2 15" Kicker comps?

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
sq polks spl kickers how much room do you have measurements wise maybe we can sqeeze all of it in somehow.

thanks,

in search of bass

Bronze Member
Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 14
i wouldent try to put 2 different types of subs with 2 different sizes in there cuz if u want some type of decent sq just go with the cvr's theyre pretty good, also have great spl, but please just dont put different types of subs all in there unless u wanna get laughed at in a comp. just build a vented box to the 15 cvr's specs and it will hit very nicely i think u'll be surprised at what u can do

Silver Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 110
This is getting really annyoing... Please don't say anything if all your going to do is say, "Oh these more expensive subs will sound better!" Oh thanks sooo much for pointing out the ovious! The point is, i'm not going to big spl competitions...

any way, Sean, I 'could' fit all of it in if i altered the trunk a little... see the bottom of my trunk comes out to expose a full size spare/jack/jumpers, and a ton of other stuff, if i were to customize that, i would have enough space to run all 4 polks and 2 kickers...

Bronze Member

Arizona

Post Number: 15
i said go w/ the the kickers(cvr's) and sell the polks meaning u make money, and if u were wise ud do that and put the money toward a custom box for the kickers, so in the end u make money, in the end its all up to what u want to do, if u wanna have four twelves and two 15's be my guest im not going to wake up tomarrow saying O MY GOSH i cant believe he went w/ the four 12s and 2 15s!!! im just trying to tell u u'd be much happier, have more room, more money, and it would probably be louder, cuz ur not going to want a 3 ft chamber sealed box filled with polyfill for SPL ur going to want a vented box tuned between 35-50 hz for SPL

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 366
Jesse i have a pair of 15" Kicker Comp subwoofers and they pound. I hit around 148 with them and they are in separete 2.25 cuft sealed boxes in the trunk. Not to bad if you ask me.

Bronze Member

Arizona

Post Number: 17
there u go, just listen to wahl, u can save money to and sell those polks

Silver Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 111
well if i 'do' sell the polks and get the Kickers, i just want to make sure that the kickers will be an upgrade, and i also want to make sure that the Audiobahn amp will run them as well as they should be run. (Don't dare tell me to get a different more expensive amp!!!) That doesn't help me at all, it's either this one, or none.

Bronze Member

Arizona

Post Number: 19
if u make a box to specs, and the installation is good it will be, o and be sure to couple the cabin it will make it much louder

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
whal are the comp c's or cvrs i doubt they are comp c's

thanks,

in search of bass

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
jesse is getting the kicker c comps not the cvr slap and wahl and slap i was thinking decent sound spl wise for everyday and i no higher frequencies create higher spl usually. What he could do is what i did make a sealed box with square cutouts and then have a support block inside the box to mount to then he could do sealed and ported and have pvc tubing cut to multiple tuned lengths and find his best hit frequency for spl and pull the tubing out with an everyday port length if he wants best of all worlds that way and in car testing cant get any better than that. All of it would have flush mounting.

thanks,

in search of bass

Bronze Member

Arizona

Post Number: 20
sounds like it could work good, but im not sure, for a daily driver who wants sq during the day and spl at night it sounds like an excellent idea but i dont know how it would work, jonathan could probably cover this better than me

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
i dont mean day and night i mean how you want it with ocassional changes slap. I built this already and am using it.

thanks,

in search of bass

Getajob
Unregistered guest
Jesse it sounds to me like you need to get a job to be honest. Noone here EVER said this was a cheap sport. If you want a good sound then you are going to pay for it. If you don't want to spend money on good equipment then go out and buy Legacy,Pyle or some other bullshit. Thats cheap. And one last thing is I don't know WTF the deal is with buying over the internet. Just about everyone here buys from the net. Give this a rest if you don't have the money for better stuff then keep what you got. gzz

Silver Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 112
You are an idiot. I do have a job. But i am still in highschool you moron, and i don't feel like spending every penny on some speakers in my trunk. I have other more important things to do with my $$ like fcukin college, and car insurance. I'm not one of those kids that gets everything handed to them. I work 50+ hours a week, in the summer, and i'm starting school soon. I'm not trying to win the world spl title or anything. All i'm saying is that when i say i'm on a budget and ask for input, it doesn't help me to hear, "Oh those speakers are ok, but if you spend twice as much you can get better ones..." yes, i know that you can get better ones for 'more' money, i'm asking if you can get better ones for less. and about buying from the internet... just becaues everyone else does it doesn't mean i have to.

So mr. Get-a-job, why don't you go suck-a-dick.

Sean and slap, and everyone else have been very helpful, and i thank them for it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
your welcome jesse it has been a pleasure for me as well to speak with everyone here.

thanks,

in search of bass

Bronze Member
Username: Jbreddawg

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 42
You know, you ask questions, everyone gives opinions and you get nasty ! Just becasue those opinions don't always agree with your own doesn't mean people were not trying to help you out. Spend some time on these boards READING instead of writing and I'm sure you will learn.I'm also pretty sure people would be more willing to help you out if you didn't get so defensive when they suggest something different. As you should already know, audiobahn SUCKS ! "but" i have used much worse amps in my days. If you have it use it. Somewhere down the road when your ready to step up then do so.Take peoples suggestions ,read more info, and make your own decisions on what direction you are going . Do not get mad and nasty at people just trying to offer input to YOUR questions.

Silver Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 114
No, that's not it at all. My question was about 1 single amp. and if it was a good deal. I don't need people flaming the board saying get a job. And there have been many helpful people so far. But when i say I'm on a budget, 150 or less, and people say "Oh this $700 amp is much better... that doesn't help me one bit. Because i already know that." I'm not trying to get all defensive about it, i'm saying if your just gonna spam the post or flame it, then don't bother.

Silver Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 123
(other information on this topic can be found in Amplifiers> Audiobahn)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us