Arc XXK5150 questions

Bronze Member
Username: Jbreddawg

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 41
Ok, I now have my basic system. Heres my question. Which would be the best crossover to use ? My Eclipse 8443 HU has a crossover,my Phoenix gold EQ215IX has a crossover and my Arc audio 5150 amp has a crossover. I would think the one on the amp would be the best one to use, and to defeat the others, but I'm not really sure on this one.I'm only running a set of polk seperates up front and one image dynamics IDQ10 sub. Advice would be greatly appreciated !!!

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 190
you're gonna need a different crossover for each aspect, you arent gonna want your sub to have the same crossover as your front stage...

Bronze Member
Username: Jbreddawg

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 43
Yea I know that, each component has a 2way crossover highpass/lowpass . And the amp has even more adjustments for the sub channel. I was just wondering if it would be better to seperate the signals before they hit the amp ? or do it with the amp ? I guess I'm really wondering if there would be any benifits to using one over the other ?Maybe one is better quality or better sounding then the others ? Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us