2 12" sub box... please help jon

Bronze Member
Username: Youngblood

Post Number: 22
my friend has 2 12" volfenhag high power subs....i had the specs for the box i was gonna build him but i lost them so i was wondering what do you recommend i build his box to....either sealed or ported he doesnt care..
thanks you guys are a big help

Bronze Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 84
i got ya covered here 1.25 cubic ft of air space after displacement each chamber sealed or ported.

thanks,

in search of bass

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
thanks for your help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
how do i figure out its displacement...everything im getting would make the box like 6.9 cubic feet total volume for 2 subs.....and thats huge so i assume that its not right. i heard displacement is xmax*Sd/1728 which is xmax times sd divided by 1728

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
i was thinking again....do you think id encounter problems if i made the total internal volume of the box 4 cubic feet.....that is already what i am making my box(for 2 12" shivas) to. because everytime i think i get a the internal volume right it seems too big..now i am getting a internal volume for the box to be 5 cubic feet for the 2 subs....so sould i just make it that?????

little confused....Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
when i said displacement i meant how much air space ports and woofers would take up in internal air space inside the box you dont want to go over 1.25 cf after displacements on the volfenhags each chamber. oh and by the way if your box for the volfenhags was alot larger than 1.25 cf each the subs will be louder in the 1.25.

ps put 1 lbs of poly fill in each chamber and you should be good to go.

heres a site to help you with box sizes and such

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/spboxnew2.htm

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
1728 cubic inches is a cubic ft youngblood

thanks,

in search of bass

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
the shiva box size should be good after displacements but im not 100 percent ask jonathan bout them i know he knows thats if you mean 2 cf per chamber which i assume is right otherwise whew 8 cf is huge hehe.

thanks,

in search of bass
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us