I just purchased a Pioneer

Username: Jq3

Post Number: 2
DEH-P3500 with some Infinity 6.5's components for the front and Alpine 6.5's for the rear. Also, added a 200W MTX amp. I wasn't looking to pound the pavement, but wanted something clean and crisp. So far I am satisfied, but I have yet to fine tune my deck, it has so many features! I'll probably end up getting a sub, but I have no clue as to what subs sound the best for my set up. I am not into car audio, mainly home audio so therefore, I am a newbie to car audio. Any sub recommendations for around $200?

The guy at Circuit City had me listen to their top of the line Alpine first through the speakers I ended up purchasing, but I swear I couldn't hear any difference. Especially, not a $280 difference! Before I went there I did find some opinions on the DEH-P3500 and only about 3 people out of 50 were somewhat unsatisfied.

Compared to most of the systems I've read about here most of you will probably laugh your head off at my system, but I'm not into putting on a show for the general public...just me!

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 40
not bad choices there to be honest.
for subs, look at the Adire Shiva, or eD subs (www.edesignaudio.com) both companies have very good subs, and some are fairly cheap. The Shivas are about $125 each for 12" which is on par with the JL Audio 12W0 which is another good low cost sub (low cost, high quality that is, not to be confused with these $40 crap subs like Pyramid)
for an affordable amp for the subs, look at the JBL BP300.1 which runs about $150 at etronics.com and will supply 15-WRMS to each sub if you go with two single-coil 4 Ohm subs.

I enjoy home audio as well, but sadly, MartinLogan doesn't make electrostatics for cars.. haha I have to stay home to enjoy those.

Username: Jq3

Post Number: 4
Thanks! Will look into your recommendations!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us