Problem with system anyone please help.

Justin Gray
Unregistered guest
I have 4 15" W3v2's in the back of my Expedition. They are all pointing up with slot ported boxes built to their specs. Well, a buddy of mine has 4 subs just like mine and also has an expedition with the same setup, but he has them in sealed boxes facing up. Correct me if I am wrong, but the ported boxes should be louder right? His just about blows me away in difference. My amps are even larger than his also. I have the recommended power to mine and his is slightly underpowered. We both have upgraded Alts also. Everything is working fine. His is just so much louder in and out of the suv. I wanna knwo what might be the problem? Thanks to whoever helps.

chris g
Unregistered guest
the ported box should get better deep tones depending on what the ports are tuned at (30hz, 40hz), i think ported boxes are cleaner for those deep spl tones but sealed are more universal.
you might just need to ajust your amps and crossover

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 150
read this link

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/x-thor_splmax.htm

then what i wanna know is what airspace in your buddies box per chamber then what are the theil specs

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1287
What kind of amps do you have vs. his? Your subs may be out of phase, or something similar, some type of cancellation may occur. A ported box basically doubles the surface area of the sub, so your subs would perform similar to 8 sealed subs ideally. If his crossover is set higher than yours, then his will be louder. If your gains are set correctly, and his aren't, and he's the type of guy to turn up all the bass boost he can get and loudness on, that would explain it as well. He may be driving into clipping, which will sound louder than normal b/c of more distortion, also clipping can have about twice the power of a typical sine wave.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 201
dont think jonathan mentioned this but...clipping isn't good....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us