Alpine Components Review

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 173
Can someone give me a review of Alpine's component systems. The 6.5" 2-way. I was interested in them for thier price ($145 shipped for type R and $110 for type S), and thier low RMS needs because the Kappas are 90 and both the Alpines only require 50. An amp would be almost $100 more for that extra 50watts and im very budget oriented, and the final reason is I like the people at the Alpine shop around here and cannot find any Infinity dealers and don't car for any other car shops around here.

Again just a review of how these things sound and how good of a valued buy they would be. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 352
You'd be just as well off with the Polk db650s or Boston sl65 (which both have very low RMS). I still consider Alpine an outsider on quality speakers.

-Matt

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 933
The Infinity Kappas and Kappa Perfects are miles ahead of the Type R components. A JBL P180.2 would push Kappa Perfects or Kappas well and isn't but 100-125 online to start with.

Anonymous

Try http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0207cae_cuttingedge/

Don't run them off your Head Unit - you'll need an external amp (I know because I tried & failed!). They have an sensitivity of 86 which is far too low for running off a head unit
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us